What we've been waiting for! News from Buffalo Trace on...

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

What we've been waiting for! News from Buffalo Trace on...

Unread postby Mark » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:55 pm

Well everyone, just got an email from Kris over at Buffalo Trace and here's what the word is on this years antique collection and their NEWEST ADDITION:

Greetings!

It’s that time of year again and we’re ready to start bottling our Antique Collection. Over the past few months we’ve been carefully tasting and selecting our limited supply of aged barrels. A very difficult and painstaking job J. I’m sure you’ll be happy with our choices! Not to mention a little surprise….a forth edition to the collection.

Sazerac Rye 18 year

Distilled in October of 1985, these barrels are plenty old and contain some great rye whiskey. They’ve been aging in Warehouse K on the first floor. The first floor enables the barrels to age slowly and gracefully. This vintage has the same mature spicy taste as years past.

Eagle Rare 17 year

These barrels were distilled May of 1988. Since then they’ve been aging in Warehouses Q on the 4th floor in Rick #27. We didn’t have much last fall, so I’m sure you’re looking forward to some this year.

George T. Stagg

We discovered this year’s barrels of George T. Stagg in Warehouse I on floors 2, 4, and 8. They were distilled back in May 1990. The bourbon will be around 141 proof! A good bit higher than the last couple releases. This whiskey is classic George T. Stagg.

William Larue Weller - NEW

Welcome the newest edition to the Antique Collection - William Larue Weller. Named after the father of Wheated recipe bourbons, this whiskey is an uncut unfiltered Wheated recipe bourbon! The barrels were aged twelve years on the fifth floor of Warehouse Q and should be around 122 proof. At barrel strength you can really taste the wonderfully sweet and rich flavors of the Wheated recipe.

-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Chris » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:04 pm

:yay: :wow: :drool: :partyman:

That looks very impressive... I can't wait to taste the new bourbon... A wheated stagg!... I am sure BT won't dissapoint... I guess the question is, how hard will this stuff be to get?
Chris
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:20 pm

Wow!!!! :wow: I can't wait :!: :!: :!:
When do you think they will be released :?:
Joe :40oz:
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:32 pm

Goodbye $$$$$.

:hello3: Whiskey!

HUZZAH!

:drool: :partyman: :discodance: :yay:
bunghole

Unread postby Mark » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:38 pm

Linn, the pic should say it all :lol: (Happened to see this somewhere the other day!)
Attachments
huzzah_mug.jpg
HUZZAH!
huzzah_mug.jpg (12.69 KiB) Viewed 8404 times
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Dave » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:59 pm

BT blows my socks off!
Dave

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:49 am

I'll be looking forward to the release date, and the arrival in NY. Hopefully we won't have to wait tooooo loooong!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby TNbourbon » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:13 pm

The latest I've heard is that Stagg and ER17 will be bottled the first week of October -- a month or so later than usual. I suspect that's because of the September release of the new 6yo Saz rye, and now the addition of the the 'Weller 12yo barrel-proof'.
TNbourbon

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:51 pm

Gee Tim, I hope its on the shelves in Tennessee when we get there in mid October. If it is, gonna' need a bigger airplane to cart it all back.
Joe :cheers:
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby kbuzbee » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:24 pm

JoeBourbon wrote:Gee Tim, I hope its on the shelves in Tennessee when we get there in mid October. If it is, gonna' need a bigger airplane to cart it all back.
Joe :cheers:

Isn't this Stagg like the HazMat??? eg non flyable??? Better check it out before you return.

Ken
kbuzbee

Unread postby TNbourbon » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:50 pm

Well, so much for my reliable, in-house sources -- they bottled some ER17 today, and Sazerac 18 earlier in the week. I hope the Stagg is right behind! Since I'm told they'll know final totals for bottles of all 4 brands in a couple of weeks, it would seem Stagg's next.
TNbourbon

Unread postby cowdery » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:30 am

Looking forward to the Weller, but I'm also looking forward to hearing someone defend the claim that W. L. Weller is "the father of Wheated recipe bourbons."
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings