Eagle Rare 10YO SB versus Eagle Rare 17YO

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby White Lightning » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:00 pm

TrueBarrel wrote:I like the Hancock's better than the ER 10 SB too, but Ima, do you think you might be overstating the case just a little? :wink:

Now that's one you don't hear much about or often enough - Hancock's PR. I agree good stuff, not quite mama slappin' (for me) but a solid performer.
White Lightning

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:02 pm

During a tasting about 1 year ago, Mark, Chris and I tasted the Hancock's Presidents Reserve, and I recall we all enjoyed it quite a bit. The downside was (is) that outside of KY, it was felt by us that it is overpriced given what it is. During my last trip to KY, I made a point to pick it up and paid about $35 for it. At that price, it is worth it, but for $45 it's not IMHO.

Bob
Brewer

Unread postby TrueBarrel » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:34 pm

Brewer wrote:During a tasting about 1 year ago, Mark, Chris and I tasted the Hancock's Presidents Reserve, and I recall we all enjoyed it quite a bit. The downside was (is) that outside of KY, it was felt by us that it is overpriced given what it is. During my last trip to KY, I made a point to pick it up and paid about $35 for it. At that price, it is worth it, but for $45 it's not IMHO.

Bob

I agree. Down here, when it's available it's usually in the $40-$50 range, which does seem overpriced for what it is and relative to others in the same price range.
TrueBarrel

Unread postby tlsmothers » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:39 pm

That it'll Make you SMAAAAACCKKKK YO' MAMA!

So funny to hear someone else say that. I say that up here when folks ask me "What's this bourbon like?" and folks giggle and look at me like I've lost my mind.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby parshooter » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:35 pm

OK, based on your expert recommendations, I switched out a bottle of the ER 10 SB for a bottle of Hancocks. I always enjoy trying something new. Thanks, Marc 8)
parshooter

Previous

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings