Four Roses 125th Anniversary bourbon

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Four Roses 125th Anniversary bourbon

Unread postby crappie_fisherman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:09 am

I have just acquired 2 bottles of the 125th Anniversary bourbon.

I was actually at the Four Roses Distillery earlier this month and they didn't have any left to sell...and the nerve of them they wouldn't sell me bottle #1 that was there...LOL...

Anyway...I have found 2 bottles...so my questions...

Is there a market for these to sell privately FULL and can you legally sell them FULL?

Should I enjoy them or sell them or enjoy one and sell one?...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Edit:...I'm sure people sell full bottles all the time...how do they ship them "legally" and have insurance?

Does anyone know what the price of the 125th bourbon would be worth if I did want to sell one?
crappie_fisherman

Re: Four Roses 125th Anniversary bourbon

Unread postby crappie_fisherman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:53 pm

I was just fortunate to be able to come upon a 3rd bottle...

Man...I'm not sure what I'll do...

Drink one...keep two to celebrate my two daughters weddings one day (they are only 14 and 16 now so it would be stored for hopefully ~10 years LOL)...

Sell one...man...

Anyone try this yet...is it as good as they say?

They claim only ~8000 have been released for general public purchase...
crappie_fisherman

Unread postby GaryV » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:04 pm

It IS that good......drink 'em
GaryV

Unread postby crappie_fisherman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:43 pm

I have lightened my unexpected stock of Four Roses 125th Anniversary...

I am down to 2 bottles and plan to keep those...haven't cracked one open yet...planning to do so after the New Year...going to have a bourbon tasting gathering at our house for our friends...to share my love of bourbon...and try and convert some of them...it is an education process...

What I'm planning to sample from the following list (NOT all of them...I'll have to gauge my friends as some on this list can be for hard core bourbon drinkers)

Four Roses 125th
Four Roses OESK Single Barrel 121 proof
EH Taylor Small Batch
Angels Envy
Angels Envy Cask Strength (provided I get the one my buddy has for me)
Woodford Double Oaked
Buffalo Trace Cream Bourbon (an excellent tasting cream drink served cold or on ice...I prefer just cold and it is only 30 proof)
Russell's Reserve Single Barrel 110 proof
Willett Reserve
Town Branch
Bluegrass Sundown (A Town Branch coffee bourbon syrup that you mix 1 part with 2 parts boiling water and float heavy cream on top)
PVW 20...NOT...LOL

And for kicks and grins...

Revenge Moonshine (aged 6 months) (Limestone Branch Distillery - Lebanon KY)
John Devil Moonshine 100 proof (Barrel House Distillery - Lexington KY)

Joe.
crappie_fisherman

Unread postby crappie_fisherman » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:37 am

Okay...we had an impromptu bourbon tasting last night to have our neighbors and friends over for an after turkey day unwind from family gatherings :lol:

So...we cracked open every bottle I had and sampled (except the PVW 20...LOL)...including the Four Roses 125th...WOW is this stuff silky smooth on the tongue...there are a lot of dynamics going on...on the front end it is amazing on the tongue...very silky smooth and I almost get some floral/fruit/cherry tones going on.

We sipped a few glasses out of my bottle and WOW this was a great way to end the night of tasting way too many previous incredible tasting bourbons...but the 125th...was a great end and a great bourbon for sure. If anyone has the opportunity to find a bottle...it IS worth the drink and the scratch it will set you back at this point...WOW.

I've still got one more bottle unopened at this point and after this tasting...I'm not sure I'm willing to let it go... :shock: ...I'm glad I still have it as it could be one of my favorite go too's if you will...the overall sweet/dry front to mid palate dynamic is very intriguing for sure...Rutledge did an incredible blending job on this one...I have a bottle of the Single Barrel 12 yr 4 month OESK which I believe is one of the three blends to make up the 125th...the OESK by itself is amazing...even at 121 proof...and the marriage he has gotten out of the 18 yr OBSV and an additional 13 yr OBSK sure are a winner IMO.
crappie_fisherman

Unread postby Squire » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:10 am

Good descriptions and yes, hang on to that other bottle, I would value it higher than anything that has Pappy on the label.
Squire

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings