Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 23 YO Tasting Notes Posted

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 23 YO Tasting Notes Posted

Unread postby TNbourbon » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:30 pm

I opened these for a Van Winkle parallel tasting with Julian at the Gazebo following the Sampler in April. I was surprised that the Frankfort one seemed to disappear more rapidly than the Lawrenceburg bottling. I've posted notes in "Reviews". (I posted them together as side-by-sides -- but, surely, Mark and Bob, this is worth being considered TWO reviews, right?)
Attachments
Phto0004.jpg
Phto0004.jpg (81.37 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
TNbourbon

Unread postby Brewer » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:55 am

Tim,

Great reviews for Pappy 23! Although it is 1 product, the differences from year to year and your impressions of those differences would make me consider it as 2 reviews. I like the fact that you did them side-by-side, so that the reader can note your observations readily. Thanks for posting your impressions!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby White Lightning » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:48 am

There is a great tidbit I seriously never realized... One was rye formula??
ψ£
White Lightning

Unread postby TNbourbon » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:39 pm

White Lightning wrote:There is a great tidbit I seriously never realized... One was rye formula??

A number of the earliest Pappys were rye -- for example, Julian at the Sampler shared a fabulous example of his first Pappy 20 bottling, which he said used Boone Bros. Distillery (Distiller's Pride, Old Boone) whiskey.
TNbourbon

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings