Stagg Sunday at the VA Chapter Meeting

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:52 am

Dave, I would contend that if we had known which expression was in which glass the outcome would have been dramatically different.

Glad you discovered the antlers before any harm was done. I wished we had clowned around with 'em and mugged for the camera.

For the rest of you - yes I brought two sets of Virginia Whitetail Buck antlers for photo props! :wink: Not only am I a Life Member of the N.R.A., but I also belong to P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals). :shock:

:arrow: imadeerhuntin'fool :discodance:
bunghole

Unread postby Brewer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:24 am

angelshare wrote:Don't you hate it when you leave your antlers at somebody's else's house? :lol:

Later in the day I also revealed a deep dark secret - I like ER 17 better than Stagg. Tina also maintained her alliance to ORVW 10 year vs. Stagg. Sounds like a perfect set up for a blind tasting - except it's hard to blind yourself to Stagg at barrel proof.

Its been awhile since I left my antlers at someone else's house, but yeah, I hate when that happens! :roll: :lol:

I think your idea of a shoot out with the ER and ORVW vs. Stagg is a great idea. Of course, you'd need to add a wee bit of water to the Stagg to make it fair. Let us know when you want to do this, as I'm sure there's a number of people that would be willing to lend a hand! :wink:
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby TNbourbon » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:08 am

angelshare wrote:...Later in the day I also revealed a deep dark secret - I like ER 17 better than Stagg...

I, too, am a big fan of ER17, but it's a different animal than Stagg (Get it? Different animal? Stag, eagle -- oh, never mind! :roll: ). Stagg is spice and heat and fruit -- and a lot of other things -- while ER17 is maple and vanilla and caramel.
Stagg, Wild Turkey 12yo and ER17, to me, are sort of a jumble atop the bourbon pile -- whichever one I'm drinking at the moment is my favorite. You can throw ORVW15yo in there, too, as long as it lasts (and I have four more bottles!). So, Dave, do not be perplexed by preferring ER17 -- it's top-flight.
TNbourbon

Stagg's Not My Favorite Too

Unread postby doubleblank » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:11 pm

Hey Dave......While I enjoy Stagg a great deal (I've got them all in spades)....it's not my favorite. Just a little too much heat for our weather down in Texas. Rock Hill Farms.....particularly the older bottlings....surpasses it for me every time. I find the '05 the easiest to drink IMO. Great stuff.....but for special occasions......preferably in winter.

Randy
doubleblank

Previous

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings