Peter Jake's Private Keep

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Peter Jake's Private Keep

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:05 pm

Im in Burbank California and happen to find a bottle of Peter Jake's Private Keep. (their only bottle) Its a 10 year old and mighty tasty!

It says on the bottle that its distilled and bottled in Bardstown, but I know for sure that its not Heaven-Hill. My brother lives in Louisville and cant find it at Liquor Barn or Liquor Depot.

Its even listed on the BOURBON ENTHUSIST.com database, but has no distillery listed!

Does anyone know anything about this fine-tasting bourbon? :?:
BourbonBalls

Unread postby TNbourbon » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:25 pm

Bardstown Bourbon Distillers (Even Kulsveen -- son Drew is a member here) bottles it -- I think it is one of their proprietary labels -- from bourbon of unidentified source. They have whiskey from a lot of distilleries, active and defunct.
TNbourbon

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:49 am

Tim, thanks for the info, but what do you mean "inidentified source"? Is this "left-over" or rejected bourbon from various distilleries?
BourbonBalls

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:02 pm

These other sources are usually Heaven Hill, Barton or United Disitillers. I suspect that Peter Jakes is some of the bulk whiskey United Distillers had for sale after they sold all of their bourbon brands other than I W Harper.

Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:07 pm

Thanks Mike . . .

Love to have more bulk like that! It's 10 years old...deep amber/red in color (similar to EWSB) and quite good.....Do you know if its still bottled? I suspect my liquor store out here in California only bought a bottle or 2.

At this same small neighborhood liquor store, I also found a bottle of EWSB '87 & '88...just a few months ago! Obviously didnt sell out here..(we gotta change that). Its possible that the Peter Jakes' was bought by them at the same time. In the mid '80's when the trend for special bourbons were just starting to churn.

Any other Peter Jakes info is appreciated by anyone. I'd like to put my hands on another bottle....hhmm..I can taste it now
BourbonBalls

Unread postby Mark » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:41 pm

I remember seeing the Peter Jake's at Toddy's in Bardstown furing the 03' festival. I've got one bottle but its not opened. After reading your praise for it Michael I will have to find another bottle of it to open. It is very dark in color compared to some other bourbons around that age so I am hoping it is like the EBSB 15yo that is no more... That was quite dark for a 15yo and I loved that bourbon. But it was also a great deal for the price! I think the PJ is a bit pricier.
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings