Well, y'all, what you be drinking 'sevening (this evening)?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Well, y'all, what you be drinking 'sevening (this evening)?

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Tried a bunch of bottom shelf dwellers tonite. Virgin 7/yo 107, Weller SR, AAA, Dickel, etc. I enjoyed em all.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby Birdo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:24 am

I finally tried some Jack Daniel Ole #7 after drinking mostly bourbon thre past two years. I liked, it was good. I like bourbons better in the same price range tho.
Birdo

Unread postby gman58 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Tonight I'm having the 4 Roses small batch. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. There is an interesting spiciness to it and it seems pretty light at the same time. Very nice mouthfeel and great flavor. I'm having it neat with just a bit of water.

This is the 3rd 4 roses I've tasted. My wife and I recently finished our bottle of 4 Roses Single Barrel, that was our first of the brand and we liked it very much. It led us to try the Yellow Label which we thought was very good for the price. So, the bottle of single barrel was empty, what to replace it with? Always wanting to try something new, we went with the small batch. It's very good, and saving a few dollars on the single barrel was a bonus.
Be Spirited Today
gman58

Unread postby Mike » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:53 pm

I am having a sip of Noah's Mill today. I have not had any in a long time and because it has always been a favorite of mine for many years, I bought a bottle a few days ago at about $45. I noticed that they have dropped the age statement on the newer bottles, but I found an older one with the 15 YO label. This NM has that sublte flavor I favor in older bourbons........ and it has that dry tannic finish some find objectionable, but I do not find this to be bitter as some complain.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Wasatch » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Finally opened up the Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, this is a very nice TN whiskey, liking it way better than the Black Label. They should just sell this instead :D :lol: :P Definitely highly recommend. Very smooth for the ABV, very tasty.
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby Vital » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Wasatch wrote:Finally opened up the Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, this is a very nice TN whiskey, liking it way better than the Black Label. They should just sell this instead :D :lol: :P Definitely highly recommend. Very smooth for the ABV, very tasty.

I can't stand #7 (black label) but Single Barrel is freaking great. I'm usually all about bourbon and even thou JDSB isn't one i always praise it. Def great drink to sip on.

Sipping on Wild Turkey Rare Breed tonight. Never tried it before so i need some time to see how i feel about it but i can already tell I'm not too comfortable with sipping 108.2% proof neat. Need a cube of ice to enjoy it - something I never had to use.... Let's see how/if i get used to high proof drinks...
Vital

Unread postby Wasatch » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Vital wrote:
Wasatch wrote:Finally opened up the Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, this is a very nice TN whiskey, liking it way better than the Black Label. They should just sell this instead :D :lol: :P Definitely highly recommend. Very smooth for the ABV, very tasty.

I can't stand #7 (black label) but Single Barrel is freaking great. I'm usually all about bourbon and even thou JDSB isn't one i always praise it. Def great drink to sip on.

Sipping on Wild Turkey Rare Breed tonight. Never tried it before so i need some time to see how i feel about it but i can already tell I'm not too comfortable with sipping 108.2% proof neat. Need a cube of ice to enjoy it - something I never had to use.... Let's see how/if i get used to high proof drinks...

Did not know the WT Rare Breed was that high ABV until I looked at my bottle :D :lol:
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby jcg9779 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:31 am

Mike wrote:I am having a sip of Noah's Mill today. I have not had any in a long time and because it has always been a favorite of mine for many years, I bought a bottle a few days ago at about $45. I noticed that they have dropped the age statement on the newer bottles, but I found an older one with the 15 YO label. This NM has that sublte flavor I favor in older bourbons........ and it has that dry tannic finish some find objectionable, but I do not find this to be bitter as some complain.

I just can't quite get into NM. I like dry tannic finishes, but NM always comes across as very hot to me. This is one of the few to which I always need to add an ice cube. I had a pour of the 15 YO after drinking some 130 proof Willetts the other night, and it was still very hot. I can't quite figure it out, but I get the same heat from the current NAS stuff as I do from the older bottles.
Jack

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.
-Ben Hogan
jcg9779

Unread postby jcg9779 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:31 am

I went with some private barrel OWA and a private barrel FR OESO tonight....both are outstanding bourbons.
Jack

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.
-Ben Hogan
jcg9779

Unread postby schmluss » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Started out with some OGD BiB. Then Early Times 354. An finished off with some Old Forester birthday. Not a bad evening. OGD is best of them all.
schmluss

Unread postby Wasatch » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Having some Bulleit Frontier with some Ginger Ale.
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby jaycamm » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:46 pm

A vatting of 1:1 EC18 & Whistle Pig Rye.
one whiskey for every ghost
jaycamm

Unread postby kyjd75 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:31 pm

AAA 10 year. Very nice.
kyjd75

Unread postby Wasatch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:46 pm

This afternoon, having some Eagle Rare Single Barrel (neat), this one is very tasty. Highly Recommended!
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby vince » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:33 am

I had a Four Roses Single Barrel last night followed by a 17 year old barrel strength Willets. Both were delicious!
vince

PreviousNext

Return to Bourbon, Straight