Well, y'all, what you be drinking 'sevening (this evening)?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Well, y'all, what you be drinking 'sevening (this evening)?

Unread postby gauze » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Old Weller Antique 107, bourbonenthusiast.com + loch and k(e)y society hand selected bottling
after this if I switch it up I am thinking Weller Special Reserve 12
gauze

Unread postby delaware_phoenix » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:58 pm

In honor of St Pats day, I opened my bottle of pure pot still Red Breast 12 Irish Whiskey. It is good lads and lassies. :D
Cheryl Lins - Proprietor and distiller, Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY
delaware_phoenix

Unread postby ebo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 pm

delaware_phoenix wrote:In honor of St Pats day, I opened my bottle of pure pot still Red Breast 12 Irish Whiskey. It is good lads and lassies. :D

I'm going to have some Red Breast a little later. Right now, I'm finishing a Black Bush and then moving on to Tullamore Dew 12.
ebo

Unread postby jcg9779 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 am

Was out with a friend for sushi and started with some Kirin Ichiban, but moved on to Noah's Mill and then some PHC 10 YO as a nightcap when I got home.
Jack

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.
-Ben Hogan
jcg9779

Unread postby jcg9779 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:14 am

delaware_phoenix wrote:In honor of St Pats day, I opened my bottle of pure pot still Red Breast 12 Irish Whiskey. It is good lads and lassies. :D

I didn't post on St. Patty's Day, but I had some Redbreast 12 as well. Very tasty stuff indeed!
Jack

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.
-Ben Hogan
jcg9779

Unread postby vince » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:36 am

I had a glass of Four Roses yellow label on my back porch followed by Whistlepig Rye. Yellow Label is a great summer bourbon (it was 78 degrees here yesterday) and Whistlepig is a superb Rye.
vince

Unread postby jcg9779 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Drank some EW Black Label for the first time last night. Given its price, I think that it's a decent buy. I'll probably always keep some on hand, but it isn't something that I'll stock up on. I'll probably keep this in the mixer rotation and for undiscriminating whiskey drinkers at parties.
Jack

-Ben Hogan
jcg9779

Unread postby cds » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 pm

vince wrote: and Whistlepig is a superb Rye.

Ain't it just wonderful stuff! Just finished a dram this afternoon while sitting on the porch. It was almost a spiritual experience.
cds

Unread postby gauze » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Old Welly Antique aught seven, old label.
I feel like I should buy every bottle I see now because it's sop wonderful and I a have not had the new label yet (except single barrels)
gauze

Unread postby whiskeybreath » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:23 am

Weller 12yr. Not much left of this bottle, when it's gone, it gone. I'm stick'n with the 7yr, like it better for allot less $.
whiskeybreath

Unread postby JPrimeau315 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:52 am

vince wrote:I had a glass of Four Roses yellow label on my back porch followed by Whistlepig Rye. Yellow Label is a great summer bourbon (it was 78 degrees here yesterday) and Whistlepig is a superb Rye.

Isn't whistlepig Canadian juice? I've had a tough time swallowing the 70-dollar price tag. Worth it?
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss
JPrimeau315

Unread postby vince » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 pm

I had a tough time swallowing the $70 price tag for whistlepig as well. A friend gave me about 4 ounces to try and I have to tell you, in my opinion, it is worth it. It is a canadian rye but it superb. I am going to buy a bottle the next time I see it.

I am sipping on some EWSB 2001 tonight followed by some Elijah Craig 12. Enjoying both, the EC doesnt have that metallic taste I got with the previous bottle. This one is much better
vince

Unread postby JPrimeau315 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Right on, Vince. Maybe someday I'll pick it up. Right now, my limit is usually at the $50 mark, with few exceptions, like Pappy 20 year.

Recently had a birthday and was given a bottle of Woodford as well as a $50 gift certificate. So today, for fear of losing the certificate, I went out and spent it on Bulleit Rye and Four Roses Small Batch. In the cabinet I also have a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel and some Old Forester. Looking forward to mixing up a Bullet Rye Smash when I get home tonight.

Bulleit Rye Smash (according to Bulleit's facebook page)

3/4 oz Simple Syrup
1.5 oz Bulleit Rye
1 oz. Water
2-3 Mint Leaves
2 Pieces of Lemon

Muddle the mint, lemon, water and simple syrup in the bottom of a mixing glass. Add rye, shake and strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss
JPrimeau315

Unread postby Greg Adams » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Tonight i am going to keep simple. Had the son, daughter-in-law and five granddaughters over for dinner and now that they have left it's time for Bakers 107. Peace and quiet. :D
Greg Adams

Unread postby whiskeybreath » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:38 am

Some more of the 86 proof OGD that I had last night. Somethings are so good, you keep going back for more!
whiskeybreath

PreviousNext

Return to Bourbon, Straight