Bourbon and me, and maybe you?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon and me, and maybe you?

Unread postby Mike » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:06 pm

It should go without saying that bourbon (alcohol) in its comestible forms poses a danger to humans. Its negative effects upon humans are too numerous to catalog.

Still, it does no harm on a site devoted primarily to its (shall we say) positive side, that it must sometimes, in its honesty, remind folks of its dark side.

In defense of our site, I think it is fair to say that no one here has ever promoted the idea that more is better in regard to the consumption of alcohol.

That I drink, even sometimes more than I know that I should, especially in so far as I never drive nor in any way endanger others if I have an amount that impairs me in any way, is a choice that is mine to make. If I am mistaken in believing that the consumption of whiskey gives me something that nothing else does, and if it is harmful to me, I lack the ability, or the will, to correct that deficiency (if it is a deficiency).

I find it a risk worth taking. That I am capable of saying things that I might want to recall while imbibing alcohol, does not, yet, lead me to conclude that the giving up of any benefits to me derived from the consumption of moderate amounts of alcohol, will make me a better person, solely on that account (I entertain the idea that it might be the opposite).

I drink, therefore I am more than what I might otherwise be. History is not without precedents as to the truth of this.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Bourbon and me, and maybe you?

Unread postby ebo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Amen!
ebo

Return to Bourbon, Straight