Advice on new bourbon

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Advice on new bourbon

Unread postby wormraper » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:51 pm

ebo wrote:That's up to you to decide if it's just another $20 bottle or not. Put it this way.... if you like a high rye bourbon, you really can't go wrong for 20 bucks. It's popular for a reason. I probably drink more OGD Bonded than anything else.

lol, I couldn't withstand the temptation as the ONLY place in town that had it (that I know of) only had one bottle, so I grabbed it. I actually really like it. Sure it's not as smooth or complex as Four Roses Single barrle, but it holds up quite well against the small batch quality wise. It's a bit rougher around the edges, but I REALLY like the spice that comes with it. it pours much better than I expected. I'd put it on par with Elijah Craig small batch and 1792... definitely better than $20 a bottle and MUCH better than the 80 proof OGD.. I can actually sip this with an ice ball just fine and it's a good sipper. I may find this being a daily sipper when I can't afford my two loves (Jefferson Reserve and Four Roses SiB.)....at least from what I tasted over the last 16 hours (which has been a decent amount)
wormraper

Re: Advice on new bourbon

Unread postby wormraper » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:09 am

slight update... the Old Grand Dad 100 BiB makes a WICKED whisky sour I might add. the high rye content makes is particularly tasty, and at $21 a bottle, I don't feel bad mixing it on occasion
wormraper

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight