New Bourbon Lover

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Stagg

Unread postby ggilbertva » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:29 am

Mack,

That's great that you found a bottle of Stagg still on the shelves. With the 2007 release just around the corner, you are fotunate to have found an '06 bottle. My suggestion would be to cut the Stagg down to a drinkable proof. While I have had the Stagg at bottled proof, I believe the high alcohol masks many of the flavors, both dominant and subtle that exist in a good bourbon (especially this one). The next release of GTS will be 144+ proof, or as it will be known, Hazmat IV. Enjoy.
ggilbertva

Hazmat

Unread postby Mack » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:54 am

yes - i was quite excited to find the hazmat in stock (it was just like when i found an old Russell's Reserve 101 in Boston last year and the Kentucky Legend my brother found for me this past month...).

i'm also looking forward to this year's releases. unfortunately, as i live north of 60, i have to wait until the next time i'm stateside, which usually means the limited releases are sold out....

I also picked up a Kentucky Spirit (05 bottling), Baker's, and EC12 with the Stagg this past trip... None of these are available in Ontario.
...the Knife
Mack

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight