Tasting Results for 7-25-07

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Tasting Results for 7-25-07

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:05 pm

Here are yesterday's tasting results.
Joe
Attachments
Bourbon Tasting 7-25-07 at Roland's.pdf
(8.47 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby Mike » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:16 pm

Joe, I am with you on the Ezra B bourbon, I find it to be an excellent bourbon............in fact, I am going to get a sip now.

But, you fellers were drinking three very good whiskies, so the choice would have been difficult.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:18 pm

It was tough Mike, as you can see by the differing picks. Lots of fun to ply three great bourbons against each other.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby TNbourbon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:44 pm

Some props to David Sherman Corp.-cum-Luxco -- while they don't distill, even in today's tight bulk market they manage to market some palatable whiskeys.
As for value for money, Rebel Yell and Ezra Brooks Black Label 90-proof are more than acceptable. Not world-beaters, certainly, but not slouches, either, for under $12/750.
The Ezra B 99 -- whether 15yo or 12 -- is their 'premium', and it IS better than their standard brands and attached to a quite reasonable price tag.
Last edited by TNbourbon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
TNbourbon

Unread postby Mike » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:29 pm

I shoulda knowed you would like it too, Tim.

I been sipping lightly on the 12 YO (I haven't seen the 15 YO hereabouts) Ezra B whilst watching my new DVDs on Chinese history.

Me, my wife, Barleycorn, and the Chinese are all as happy as pigs in pants, just watching and listening.

The history of China is fascinating. My wife and I, and some friends, are going to China next spring and I like to do some research on a place before I visit.

Barleycorn claims to have a bit of Chow in him and proposes that it should be enough to get him on the plane.

Taking the easy way out, I allowed as how 'we would see about it' (ever say that with yo kids rather than allow them the immediate satisfaction of manipulating you outright?.........delay is a legitimate weapon in the parent's arsenal).

Tomorrow I will have a talk with the Chihuahua down the street and 'help' her sponsor a party in Barleycorn's honor on the China trip departure day. That will be better for all concerned parties............I could just hear him now bitching about the 'bourbon' they serve on Air China..........Jack Daniel's or Jim Beam White.

For a retired old son of a so-and-so life ain't half bad, and a sip of Ezra B don't take nothing atall away from it.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Martian » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:23 pm

I just recently tried the Ezra B 7 yr. and the Black Label. Both are very good and are excellent values. I have not seen the 12 or 15 yr. in these parts. The Black Label is going to be my primary on the rocks bourbon this summer.
Martian

Unread postby Bucc58 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:43 pm

Guys, just ask the store where you shop to get these selections shiped in. it shouldn't cost any more $ and they should get it in a week. Thats how I get rebel yell and Henry MC 10yo. I am currently working with my store on getting Buffalo trace opened up in Arkansas. 8-)
Joe Young
Bucc58

Return to Bourbon, Straight