Wheat

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Wheat

Unread postby shavens » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:52 pm

My first post.
After taste tests, I've decided that my drink is wheat whisky. I like a soft, smooth, sweet drink with as little bitterness as possible. Please help me choose between these wheaters.
Maker's Mark, Maker's Mark 46, Weller's, Old Weller's Antique 107, Larceny, Bernheim.
Thank you,
Sam
shavens

Re: Wheat

Unread postby Birdo » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:04 am

Welcome to this forum. That's a short list and they are all reasonably priced so you should try them all over time. I can't vouch for the Bernheim but the rest are all fine. I usually have Larceny at home, and my sports bar has Makers 46. Grab a wellers when you see one,they are hard to get. The Wellers Special Reserve is average and now higher priced than it used to be but its still worth having. Weller antique is a high proof brawler that's a bit dry, Weller 12 is nice but also hard to find.
Birdo

Unread postby shavens » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:17 am

Thank you, Birdo!
shavens

Unread postby Birdo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:01 am

You might enjoy this: http://thewhiskeyjug.com/ the whiskey jug is a site with expert reviews on all whiskey including the ones you mention. I have similar taste to the expert that does these reviews and find the opinions very accurate.
Birdo

Unread postby shavens » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:42 am

Will do. Thank you.
shavens

Return to Bourbon, Straight