What to buy in Tennessee?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

What to buy in Tennessee?

Unread postby Spitfire » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:32 pm

Or South Carolina...

My wife is taking a trip to visit a friend in Greenville, SC., and while there they'll be taking a road trip to Knoxville and Nashville in Tn. She's happy to pick up a bottle for me, but would like me to tell her what I'd like.

I'm not too worried about price; mainly, I'd like something I can't get here (in Canada, or even Washington State).

So, any recommendations? Tennessee Whisky, Bottled in Bond, small-batch bourbons, something else? Canadian law restricts liquor imports to 1.14 litres (40 ounces, I think), so one 750 ml bottle and one 375 ml bottle (or three 375 ml bottles) will be all she can bring back, so...something unique!
Spitfire

Re: What to buy in Tennessee?

Unread postby gerhard911 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:00 pm

If you want something out of the ordinary I would suggest a bottle from http://www.greenbrierdistillery.com/home. An interesting history. Although they only recently begun distilling again and current products are sourced whiskey, the Sherry Cask Finished Bourbon is quite good. If your wife can visit the distillery, she might find something even more unique there. On premise gift shops will frequently have something that can't be found at retail.
gerhard911

Return to Bourbon, Straight