The Perfect 100 bourbon rating

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

The Perfect 100 bourbon rating

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat May 12, 2007 8:18 pm

Jim Murray blew it. He only gave gave Jim Beam White an 85 ranking when my experience today proves that it deserves the 100 ranking. It is the perfect bourbon bar none.

I have been out side for most of the day. I have tilled, raked and planted the garden. The sun has been out all day, but it has not been humid at all. All in all the perfect day to work outside. After finishing these chores I came in and decided I wanted something cool to drink to cool down and relax with. I had some lemon juice and a can of sprite so I thought I would make a little highball. I filled a tall glass with ice and squeezed in some lemon juice and headed for the bourbon cabinet. There inside I have many choices - Van Winkle 12, Woodford Reserve, Jim Beam Black, Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond, Henry Clay, Joseph Finch, 1792, Four Roses Single Barrel, Hancocks Reserve and more. Without thinking I grab an open bottle of Jim Beam White and pour a few onces into the glass, open the can of Sprite and fill the glass. It was cool and refreshing and did everything I wanted out of the bourbon. There were no foul tastes or musty oders. It was perfect. It was picked when all of the bourbon's above and other's were rejected. It is the perfect bourbon and deserves the 100 ranking.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to Bourbon, Straight