BT wins Triple Crown

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

BT wins Triple Crown

Unread postby Catahoula » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:19 am

I just got this email from Mark Brown:

Hello,

As promised, here is a follow up note to the wonderful news this morning from London, England about our latest award.

By way of some background, there are approximately 6,000 distilleries around the world, all competing vigorously to one degree or another for awards, recognition and success. Ten years ago, we set out to put Buffalo Trace Distillery on the map as a distiller of world class whiskies and frankly the finest whiskey in the world. At the time we would never have dared to dream of what was to follow.

Prior to 2000 no American distiller had ever won any of the three coveted "Distillery of the Year" awards that are given out to the industry. In 2000 we became the "first" and "only" American distiller to ever win one of the awards.

No distillery anywhere had ever won back to back "Distillery of the Year" awards from the same authority, we became the "first" and "only" distiller to achieve this distinction in the fall of 2006 with our award from Malt Advocate Magazine.

If all this were not enough, Wine Enthusiast Magazine then gave us its "Distiller of the Year" for the current year.

Last night, we achieved the unthinkable, Whisky Magazine's "Distiller of the Year" award for the 2nd time in three years and most importantly a lock on three "Distiller of the Year" awards at the same time - The Grand Slam of Distilling!! The "first" and "only" distiller to ever achieve such a feat!

I want to personally thank all members of our team who through your unique roles and efforts have contributed in some way, no matter whether large or small, to this unprecedented level of success, incredible. I can assure you that the probability of this feat being repeated by anyone ever again at any time is close to zero. Congratulations and smile! Time to enjoy - we will be the "current" title holder for all three titles for at least the next 10 months!

In case you wondering what we do for an encore, you ain't seen nothing yet! With our experimental program moving into high gear and exploding demand for all our whiskey brands, we believe there is still much to be done and achieved!!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark
Catahoula

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:51 pm

Thanks for sharing that info from Mark Brown. Congratulations to BT for the well deserved accolades. Just goes to show the world that Scotland doesn't have a monopoly on making good whiskey!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:41 pm

Congrats to BT. Quite an achievement.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:28 pm

Buffalo Trace distils great bourbon! These awards are all well earned, and not just 'bought' by advertising dollars.

You can bet that just has to frost the flakes of Brown-Forman (Jack Daniel's) and Jim Beam Brands. :snorting: :sad11: :snorting:
bunghole

BT disappoints

Unread postby lerxst » Sun May 20, 2007 10:37 am

Hello all,

1st post here on BE. I have been turned onto Bourbon for about 15+ months now and really enjoying finding new pour that satisfy my taste. I have been drinking Basil Hayden (no laughs please, it's Bourbon with training wheels), Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, Baker's and Pappy 20. I have been reading rave reviews on a couple of different forums about Buffalo Trace, so I bought a bottle and boy was I disappointed! I tried it neat the first time, so then my second glass the next night, I tried it on the rocks and it was much improved and was able to taste the different flavors, especially when exhailing through the nose. I also bought a bottle of Eagle Rare SB 10, and thought it was good and would buy it over MM, but maybe not WR. Anyway, can anyone tell me why I may not have liked BT with all the others that I have been drinking? I thought it was a no brainer...

Thanks,

//lerxst
lerxst

Unread postby bourbonv » Sun May 20, 2007 11:31 am

Everybody's taste is different. There is no need for a reason for not liking Buffalo Trace. With that said, you could have gotten a bottle that was not right for some reason. If you can find it in a bar, then maybe try a glass of it again and see if your opinion is the same. If it is not, then you might want to try another bottle.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Mark » Sun May 20, 2007 11:36 am

Can you describe what it was you didn't like about it? I remember when I first tried BT some years ago I wasn't overly impressed because it had a very 'earthy' taste. Now I don't know if bottles have changed since then or as is more probably ones tastes evolve after trying more and more over time, I really enjoy BT for the value. But Mike is right and I say just keep trying new things and down the road go back to some that unimpressed you, you may find that your tastes have indeed evolved and now they are on your + list. :cheers:
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Martian » Sun May 20, 2007 8:06 pm

Don't worry, lerxst. I don't care for BT either.
Martian

Unread postby jdknaebel » Sun May 20, 2007 10:03 pm

Martian wrote:Don't worry, lerxst. I don't care for BT either.

In my opinion there are a number of good products that come from Buffalo Trace. So if someone does not like the Buffalo Trace brand there are a number of other to try.

So much whiskey, so little time. :D
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.
jdknaebel

Unread postby lerxst » Thu May 24, 2007 1:10 pm

I like a lot of the other BT products as stated above...

After a few more glasses of BT over the last week, I'm really warming up to it's complexities!

//lerxst :D
lerxst

Return to Bourbon, Straight