Where's the Weller???

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Where's the Weller???

Unread postby Scoots » Sat May 10, 2014 10:51 am

I hope no one minds that I posted this question on another forum in hopes of finding an answer.

The warehouse of the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) has been out of Weller 107 for 5 weeks!!! :cry:

The liquor store in the small town where I live special orders Weller 107 for me, they have to purchase it by the case and not by the bottle, as many other bourbons can be purchased. When they ran dry 5 weeks ago I picked up the last few bottles from a store in a nearby city, but now they have been out and their last 2 orders for any Weller has been unfulfilled. :-?

Has anyone an idea if the distillery ran dry or if there is a shortage of Weller 107 around the country??? :cry:

Thanks for your input!
Image I love the smell of bourbon in the morning!
Scoots

Re: Where's the Weller???

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Sun May 11, 2014 10:43 am

ive been in the big chain store here in Louisville twice this week. I always take a look at everything on the shelf, seeing whats new, whats empty, what prices went up, etc. I noticed there was absolutely no weller of ANY type on the shelves, and only a dozen or so 1.75's of BT. I wonder if it is shortages, or the store telling BT what they think of mandated purchase quotas of vodka-to-bourbon. If it's the latter, Id like to shake their hand.

fortunately, BT really doesnt make anything I pine for anyway.
393foureyedfox

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon May 12, 2014 6:41 am

Buffalo Trace has indeed been faced with a bourbon shortage. They just hired a barrel manager to see to it that all their good customers get at least some product going forth. Trace bourbon is just in short supply.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby thomas15 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Bourbon Joe wrote:Buffalo Trace has indeed been faced with a bourbon shortage. They just hired a barrel manager to see to it that all their good customers get at least some product going forth. Trace bourbon is just in short supply.
Joe

First it's smokeless gunpowder for handloaders, now BT bourbons.

This is why it's important to keep a good supply of both items on hand, to weather the shortages! Personally, I have plenty of both. :mrgreen:
Whiskey for Breakfast (in the key of Glock).
thomas15

Unread postby bourboNcigars » Wed May 14, 2014 12:04 pm

i was at binnys in skokie around 12 noon looking around and i was surprised they were actually out of buffalo trace in 750 size and 1.75..also completely out of blantons but had a over stock of elijah craigh 12 year a bunch of dusty bottles for $24.99
bourboNcigars

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Wed May 14, 2014 1:56 pm

thank God HH is here!
393foureyedfox

Unread postby thomas15 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 am

Last night I finished off a bottle of Bulleit. I went down to the bunker and after much consideration came up with a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. I guess I need some opinins here, should I open her up or let her ride?
thomas15

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:14 am

thomas15 wrote:Last night I finished off a bottle of Bulleit. I went down to the bunker and after much consideration came up with a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. I guess I need some opinins here, should I open her up or let her ride?

:idea: :arrow: Drink It Man, Drink It! :bom:
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby thomas15 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:09 pm

bunghole wrote:
thomas15 wrote:Last night I finished off a bottle of Bulleit. I went down to the bunker and after much consideration came up with a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. I guess I need some opinins here, should I open her up or let her ride?

:idea: :arrow: Drink It Man, Drink It! :bom:

Well OK, you talked me into it!
thomas15

Unread postby preacher » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Come to think of it, the store I work at hasn't had any SR in several weeks, plenty of regular ol BT coming in, none of the other BT products are ever out of stock..
preacher

Return to Bourbon, Straight