End of Old Fitz BiB?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

End of Old Fitz BiB?

Unread postby VaderTime » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:09 am

I live in a small Asian country where Scotch is bonkers but Bourbon is kind rare. That being said, HH does have an official distributor here who used to import the EW family. Now they only seem to import the fruit whiskeys and the white spirits. I recently contacted them about importing the following cases on special order and this was what KY told them:

1. Heaven Hill 6 Year Old Bottled in Bond (Heaven Hill)
2. Rittenhouse Rye Bottled in Bond (Heaven Hill)
These two products are sold out this year, we will quote to you once they give us any furthur informations.

3. Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond (Heaven Hill) – or any of the Old Fitzgerald Line
Sorry for telling you that they stop producing this item and do not have any stocks now.

Number 3 is the troubling one. Is the OF line fully 86'd, or just the the BiB line?

Since the above three items are no can do, I followed up asking if any of the following could be ordered:

1. Larceny
2. Evan Williams 1783
3. J.T.S. Brown Bottled in Bond
4. Old Heaven Hill Bottled in Bond
5. Evan Williams Bottled in Bond
6. Old Fitzgerald (any variety)
7. Any Bottled in Bond products they might in stock
8. Berheim Wheat Whiskey

I hope I can get some good HH juice. They used to have quite a bit even some old stuff, but no more it seems!
VaderTime

Re: End of Old Fitz BiB?

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:16 am

well from info gathered over the last week on the other bourbon site, there are rumors that Fitz 12 was either being d/c'ed or was just experiencing depleted stocks. If you cant get any Fitz of any proof, try to get Larceny. HH is pushing that like crazy here with steep rebates. I hadnt heard any rumors about FitzBIB going away though. Personally , I think the BIB is marginally better than the 12 year.

There have also been rumors for 4-5 months about the possible demise of HH6BIB here too. Ive seen nothing definitive, but have heard from some reputable people that HH has mentioned that with the popularity (and hence profit increases) from the EWSB line and EWBIB line, that someday in the near future, the 6 year BIB might be d/c'ed to increase aging stocks for the EWSB and the higher profit margins or the EWBIB. I grabbed a whole case of 6BIB at New Years just to be prepared, but I still have yet to see any stores not able to get any. At New Years, it was hard to find any quantities of it, but most places had a few. I ordered a case just to see what Id be told, and at $125 a case, its a steal.

Fighting Cock is also a possibility. Similar to the HH BIB's but tastes more like 110 proof than 103, and is also age stated at 6 years.
393foureyedfox

Unread postby VaderTime » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:06 am

Well there is zero chance of me getting Bib fitz and 6 yr HH here, so I asked a package store in my USA hometown to check to see if he can get some bib Fitzgerald and VOB 100 as well. My folks can hold it for me and let it bottle condition :p
plus the store has rittenbouse for 21, which I think so will take them up on.

Skype is great.

Cheers
VaderTime

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:26 pm

you are aware that VOB dropped its age statements a few months ago, right? maybe you dont care about age statements, but some do.

where is your USA home state? HH6BIB gets very little distribution area
393foureyedfox

Unread postby jaycamm » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:47 pm

My brother, a bar manager in Boston, was also told by his distributer that OFBIB has been discontinued.
one whiskey for every ghost
jaycamm

Unread postby VaderTime » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:17 pm

With the long arm of the internets, I have made inquiries if I can get a case or two of 1.75 of VOB BIB/6 in my Stateside hometown. I was quoted $22 a bottle. If it is a go, my folks will pick it up and I will have an international bunker!
VaderTime

Unread postby VaderTime » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Good news! After a long dry spell of good value Heaven Hill Bourbons in Taiwan, my contact at Drinks.com.tw has confirmed that they will be importing two new Bourbons at the end of May. The two are:

1. Evan Williams Bottled in Bond
2. Evan Williams Small Batch 1783

I had inquired if they could import some cases of various items for me on a special basis, but after the news that these two are coming in I informed them that they should be sufficient. They were both on my inquiry list, so the saved me some time as special orders would take even longer.

So we can add the two above to Export Early Times KSBW and Export Kentucky Gentleman KSBW as soon to be available affordable quality alternatives to Jim and Jack. Drinks.com.tw may be getting some more brands, it was not clear- but those two will keep me happy.

Also, I have confirmed that the VOB BiB avaialable in my hometown is 6 year. I'll be picking up a case and a 1/2 of 1.75s. That should keep my international bunker afloat for most of a lifetime!
VaderTime

Unread postby gauze » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:21 am

damn now i have to go grab every bottle of OF bib I can find apparently. wait is that bad?
gauze

Unread postby Squire » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:49 am

Fritz we hardly knew 'ye. Oh, it's not a World stomper or anything but it is a BIB which as a class seem to be going the way of the Dodo, so yes, grab a few while you can.
Squire

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:30 am

Ive read rumors saying its going away, and rumors saying just the 1849 OF is going away. I dont know which to believe. There is lots of it on shelves still, and Im keeping an eye on online stocks to see if it gets replenished when it's gone. BIBs are always a good safe bet, and HH makes lots of good ones
393foureyedfox

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:35 am

Larceny is Heaven Hills top-of-the-line small batch expression of Old Fitzgerald. I'm pretty sure Larceny is going to replace all other expressions/bottlings of Old Fitz. Time will tell. Larceny is selling like crazy here in Virginia. $10 cheaper and better tasting than Makers Mark and 2 proof higher too! :wink: I Love It! :cherry:
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:03 pm

the last Fitz BIB I had made me glad Larceny was taking its place.
393foureyedfox

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:44 pm

393foureyedfox wrote:the last Fitz BIB I had made me glad Larceny was taking its place.

:lol: Ha! :lol: Ha! :lol: Ha! :lol:
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Return to Bourbon, Straight