Hudson Baby Bourbon

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Hudson Baby Bourbon

Unread postby gillmang » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:45 pm

I consider the release of this product to be a major commercial and socio-cultural event: the first bourbon - America's national spirit - to be released by a new company since Maker's Mark was established in the 1950's.

True, it is a young, very young, bourbon.

But bourbon it is and I am sure it is a fascinating drink.

I hope a picture can be put up in the reviews section and that a spirited discussion can ensue on this site about this drink, and what it means both in the broader terms I have identified and "qua" a bourbon whiskey.

Kudos to the distiller and to all who are selling it. I have a feeling it won't last long on the shelves, for its collector's value alone.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby gillmang » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:40 am

A review of Hudson Baby Bourbon was just posted on Eric Asimov's blog, The Pour, Asimov covers wine and other drinks for the New York Times. He liked the drink and called it mellow and fruity. Excellent review and good coverage for an important contribution to the Bourbon whiskey category. The blog is easy to find on the Internet.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby Mark » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:06 pm

Sorry it took so long but I just got this into the database. Seems from something I read yesterday that they are already on their 4th release of it. When I had last spoke with LeNell I think she said she had sold out of her 2nd shipment of it. I didn't get a bottle but would love to hear what others here think of it if they have in fact tried it. Also, if I remember correctly, she said that the price has come down since the first release...

Oh, and if anyone has a better picture of a bottle they may have (sealed still is preferred) and would like to see it in the database please send it to my email address. I'd like to get a better bottle shot of the bottle for the db.
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Return to Bourbon, Straight