OLD RIP VAN WINKLE 10 YEAR (90 AND 107 PROOF)

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

OLD RIP VAN WINKLE 10 YEAR (90 AND 107 PROOF)

Unread postby abcgroup » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:19 pm

where the hell can i get these in GA?

Mike--i just called your Sigman boys and they tried to tell me how they rebottled them into the 12, 15, 20 and 23 yr bottles.

i know the Old Rip 15 yr is now the Pappy 15 yr but otherwise, I think those guys are wrong.

Any GA folks know where I can get some Old Rip...I'll drive as far as TN (east) if anyone knows of any.

HELP!
abcgroup

Unread postby Mike » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:10 am

abc, I will check a couple of nearby places for you today. I bought some from Sigman some time back but haven't noticed if they have any left.

I have a bottle of the 90 proof 10 YO that is about 80% full that I will part with if you can convince me that this is a true bourbon emergency (not that I know what a true bourbon emergency is).

'Barleycorn!', 'Do you know what a true bourbon emergency is?'

Yep, he says he knows and will lay it on me!

Does anyone in the BE community know if the 10 YO has been discontinued?
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby doubleblank » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:35 am

The 10 yr is still showing up here in Houston.....in both proofs. But I never see much of it when I find it.
doubleblank

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:08 pm

Julian has been short of whiskey of all ages for the past year or so. His products can be hard to find even here in Louisville. He rations out what he has so that it will last longer. It is a nice problem to have to sell your product almost as fast as you bottle it! The good news is that the end of the shortage is in sight as far as the younger whiskeys are concerned. The shoratge may only last another two or three years.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Mike » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:46 pm

abc, me and Barleycorn checked four liquor stores this morning and found nary a bottle of OR 10 YO.

But it's an ill wind that blows no good, cause I did find a nice little Mom and Pop (for real) seafood restaurant within 100 yards of 'my' liquor store.

They have oysters...........yep, oysters. Naturally, I had to have a dozen steamed (too scairt to eat 'em raw.......two women died a couple of weeks ago in Savannah from eating tainted raw oysters) and had a nice filet of grouper off the grill.

Mom and Pop don't know much about beer and oysters though..........all they gots is Bud, Miller, and that sort of stuff. I asked if I could bring along some Sierre Nevada Porter to go with my oysters, but they allowed as how it is agin the law.

Barleycorn growled something about it being a stupid law and they wanted to know did that dog say something. I told 'em nah he didn't say nothing.........it was me putting words in his mouth.

Now, that put Barleycorn hot (he don't like me speaking for him) and he muttered, 'Yeah Right!' We went on to round two of, 'Can that dog really talk........does he sing too.' 'Sings terrible', says I, 'but he can cut a rug dancing!'
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby daisy3d » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:04 pm

I'm pretty sure I can get my hands on some 10yr for sure and some 15 yr ORVW up here in Michigan. I know I've seen at least one bottle last week at a store that doesn't have a clue what they sell. I'm sure two other stores have it in the area, pretty sure they have 15yr. Both should be 107proof too.

I could help you out if you can tell me how you go about shipping Bourbon w/o getting in too much trouble. Not sure what the laws or tricks are in doing so.

PM me if you're interested.

Good luck,
Phil
Brooklyn, MI
Phil D.
Brooklyn, MI
daisy3d

Return to Bourbon, Straight