BUFFALO TRACE DISTILLERY RELEASES 2006 ANTIQUE COLLECTION

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

BUFFALO TRACE DISTILLERY RELEASES 2006 ANTIQUE COLLECTION

Unread postby Brewer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:04 am

At my moderator's discretion, I decided that this was tooooo important to possibly get lost in the Industry News section. So, I decided to put it here for all to see. GO BUFFALO TRACE!!!!!

Bob

BUFFALO TRACE DISTILLERY RELEASES THE 2006 ANTIQUE COLLECTION

Source: Buffalo Trace Distillery

October 3rd

Thomas H. Handy uncut & unfiltered rye whiskey makes its debut

FRANKLIN COUNTY - Whiskey fans rejoice! Buffalo Trace Distillery's 2006 Antique Collection is here. This year's collection boasts a new edition-Thomas H. Handy, uncut and unfiltered straight rye whiskey. The collection is scheduled to hit stores in late October. This is what consumers can expect:

Sazerac Rye 18 Year Old

Two time winner of the "American Whiskey of the Year" award, the whiskey for this year's release has been aging in Warehouse K on the first floor. The first floor enables the barrels to age slowly and gracefully. This vintage has the same mature spicy taste as years past.

Eagle Rare 17 Year Old

These barrels were distilled in the spring of 1988 and have been aging in Warehouse Q. This whiskey was actually 18 years old at the time of bottling giving the palate a touch of caramel and a hint of leather.

George T. Stagg

This year's George T. Stagg was found on the eighth floor of Warehouse I. It was distilled back in the spring of 1990 and weighs in at a healthy 140.6 proof! This whiskey is bold with the character of sweet dark chocolate-classic George T. Stagg.

William Larue Weller

William Larue Weller is the Antique Collection's uncut, unfiltered wheat recipe bourbon. The barrels were aged 12 years on the fifth floor of Warehouse M. This year's William Larue Weller registers at 129.9 proof. At barrel strength you can really taste the wonderfully sweet and rich flavors of the wheat recipe.

Thomas H. Handy - NEW

Welcome the newest edition to the Antique Collection - Thomas H. Handy. This whiskey is named after the New Orleans bartender who first used rye whiskey to make the Sazerac Cocktail. The barrels were aged eight years and five months on the eighth floor of Warehouse K with a proof of 132.7. This whiskey has been produced in response to consumer requests for a well-aged, barrel strength whiskey. It's full of rich flavors like candied fruit and allspice.

As consumers and critics discover the whiskeys of the Antique Collection the list of awards continue to grow. George T. Stagg was named "World Whiskey of the Year" three years in a row by famed whiskey writer Jim Murray in his Whiskey Bible. Malt Advocate Magazine named Sazerac Rye "American Whiskey of the Year" in 2005 and William Larue Weller earned a Double Gold Medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition.

"I'm very proud of the whiskey we are producing here at Buffalo Trace Distillery. This year's Antique Collection exemplifies our standard of quality and range of different ages and recipes we offer. I hope everyone enjoys them as much as we do," said Kris Comstock, Bourbon Brand Manager of Buffalo Trace Distillery.

For more information on the Antique Collection you can visit http://www.greatbourbon.com or contact Kris Comstock at kcomstock@buffalotrace.com or (502) 696-5936.

About Buffalo Trace

Buffalo Trace Distillery is a family-owned company based in Franklin County, Kentucky. The distillery's rich distilling tradition dates back to 1787 and has included such legends as E.H. Taylor, Jr., George T. Stagg, Albert B. Blanton, Orville Schupp, and Elmer T. Lee. Buffalo Trace is a fully operational distillery producing bourbon and vodka on site, and was recently named to the National Historic Register. The distillery is also part of the Sazerac family of companies, which has operations in New Orleans, Louisiana; Franklin County, Kentucky; Fredericksburg, Virginia and Loomis, California. For more information, please visit http://www.buffalotrace.com.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Mark » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:17 am

:omg: I'll take one of each please :lol:

Here's to Buffalo Trace for experimenting and actually releasing those experimental products and also giving us true enthusiasts what we want. Now here's to hoping that all of us enthusiasts out there can actually get some w/o having all the people out there who merely read about them in maazines and buy them thinking wow, they're the 'in' thing in bourbon right now...

Three cheers for Buffalo Trace Distillery!
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby cowdery » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:13 am

Generally speaking and with the possible exception of the first couple years of Stagg, I don't think availability is that big of a problem with the Antique Collection, is it?

I also commend Buffalo Trace for keeping the prices in a good place.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Unread postby Brewer » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:56 am

I don't recalll hearing much about the Thomas Handy uncut, unfiltered rye. Anyone know anything more about this? This one seems the most interesting to me.
Bob
Brewer

Return to Bourbon, Straight