Speaking of $100 to spend.......

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Speaking of $100 to spend.......

Unread postby Geekboy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:23 pm

I literally came across a hundred dollar windfall!

I need advice. My favorite bourbon without question is Elijah Craig 12 year old. I can get it here in Louisiana for $17.55 a fifth.

My second favorite bourbon is Buffalo Trace that I can't get here in La.

I'm going to Dallas in October and can purchase a fifth for around $19 a bottle.

I'm thinking get 3 bottles of Elijah here in La. and two bottles of Buffalo Trace in Dallas in October.

But then I think maybe get two bottles of Elijah here and one bottle of Buffalo in Dallas and get several of my inexpensive daily pours of Kentucky Tavern's at about $8 a bottle here in La.

I can't figure out what combination to get! Any insight would be appreciated.

I need guidance!!!!

I cherish Elijah Craig. I love BT. I like very much Kentucky Tavern.
What combination should I shoot for? I'm asking you experts.

Don't divert me onto another brand. I'm stuck on these three. I'd like to do a poll but I don't want statistics. I want written input!

thanks
Geekboy

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:01 pm

I'd spend it all on BT, since you can't get it at home. Think of happy & content you'll be when you're all stocked up with all that great Buffalo Trace, and there's no more of it for miles around!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Mike » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:53 am

Well, we all know that peeps are different, and I will take a different view of your $100 dollar windfall. I know you say, 'Don't divert me on to another brand'. But, since you can get EC anytime, on your trip to Dallas, I would spend SOME of it on something else you might not be able to get in LA.

I was in Austin last year and came across a bottle of 12 YO Wild Turkey...........and I passed it up. I was on vacation and didn't think I could spare the money.....about $50. A mistake I will never forget. I don't know what bourbons are available in either LA or TX, but if they have BT products in Texas there are several good ones. Few BT products are available here in GA so when I got to TN or KY, I do look for them.

Nothing in the world wrong with staying with the tried and true, but I would peruse the reviews in BE and see if there is something you think might be interesting, call your friend in TX and see if he can locate it........then go for it!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Bourbon, Straight