Back to Bourbon

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Back to Bourbon

Unread postby Corn_Juice » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:19 pm

A long time bourbon drinker, I began drinking Irish Whisky almost exclusively a couple of years ago. My tastes had changed a lot and I'd "outgrown" some old favorites like Knob Creek.

While vacationing in Savannah a few weeks ago, the waiter brought me a sample of "a new bourbon" they were carrying. Many of you here are familiar with the history and multiple guises of Black Maple Hill, but I was not. In fact, researching the brand is what led me to this site, which is absolutely full of great information.

The BMP was probably the best bourbon I've ever tasted. Admittedly, I have much more bourbon to taste and BMH's place on top of the hill isn't likely to be permanent, but I was so impressed that I remembered why I loved bourbon so much. Now that I'm back, it appears that I'll have to order the BMH as I can't find it in the Tampa Bay area.

Having read some discussion on the label here and elsewhere I learned that to the discerning palate, at least, the original manifestation was much better than the Bardstown version I had. I honestly can't imagine anything being that much better, and I only had the Bardstown 10 y/o. If anyone has a line on the Lawrenceburg variety Julian bottled, please let me know. I am absolutely dying to try it. I would also be very interested to know if anyone has had any bourbons similar to this.

Thanks!
Corn_Juice

Return to Bourbon, Straight