Buffalo Trace experimental info

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby TNbourbon » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:55 pm

MikeK and Art and I crossed paths at the Sampler in Bardstown in April, and I invited them to share some samples I had in my room, and parted with a 375ml bottle of ND Old Taylor to Mike. While I certainly was not fishing for a quid pro quo, Mike more than quo-ed my quid (or is that quid-ed my quo?) when he emailed me a couple of weeks ago to offer a second set of the BTEC that he'd gotten from the store where Art got his.
Hence, we arranged a trade for some of my older bottles. While our packages were crisscrossing the country, I also happened to run across the only case shipped to my area still intact at the retailer who received it. He sold me two more sets and, inspired by Mike's example, I've offered them to other bourbonistas to enjoy.
Anyway, I've added my notes about the French Oak to Mike's in the tasting reviews, and will be glad, too, to contribute impressions of the Twice Barreled and Fire Pot soon.
Thanks, Mike, for sharing the wealth, and thus allowing me to do the same.
TNbourbon

Unread postby MikeK » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:00 am

You're quite welcome Tim. Thank you for being so gracious at the Sampler to a couple of fellow enthusiasts you didn't know from a bottle of Jim Beam white. It has been interesting watching the Bourbon Gods smile on good behavior.

Art came over last night to watch the Stanley Cup Game 7 on my big screen and I showed him the bottles you had sent me. My taste buds were "broken" so I held off on tasting too much. I'll post impressions on some of the bottles as I get into them.

Cheers,
Mike
MikeK
Student of Whiskey
Student of Whiskey

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight