Tasting Notes from the Bourbon's Bistro

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Tasting Notes from the Bourbon's Bistro

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:19 am

As many of you know already, I have been doing tasting notes for the Bourbon's Bistro and putting them into a binder for the patrons to use as a reference. I am going to put a copy of those notes here in the Review section of this site. I think it might be interesting to compare notes made in a bar versus notes made at home. All of the notes made at the Bistro were done with a Glencairn whiskey glass and the product neat. I will put the Bistro price in the bottle price section for those who are interested. I hope you all will enjoy these notes and it will add about 150 new reviews to the section. Needless to say, this project may take a few weeks to complete. Since this is my Saturday to work the library, I thought this would be a good time to start.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Mark » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:40 pm

Wow Mike, that is great. We all appreciate the time you put into the site. From the many tasting notes to the timelines to the history, you make be.com a great place for people to come and do research or find out other peoples opinions about various products.

Tonight, or tomorrow when perhaps many of us will be watching the premiere of Season 6 of the Sopranos 8-) , may we all raise our glasses and make a toast to Mike for all his hard work. :cheers:
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:15 pm

Mark,
No problem. I enjoy this site and I do take advantage of it at times by posting some things that are probably boring to most, but answer some specific questions to others that have contacted me.

The tasting notes, I should mention, are written with the bar customer in mind so you will have noticed they are pretty short and to the point and include hat I think the best way to drink this bourbon. I have also had about 4 or 5 products that are at the Bistro, but not on the list here. When I finish, I will send Mark or Chris a list of these bourbons if they want to add them to the reviews list.

I hope others will follow along and add their reviews of products as well. It would be nice to hit that thousand review mark that Brewer set as our next goal.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:10 pm

Well I have finished the tasting notes from the Bourbon's Bistro. There are probably 30 or more bourbons on the Bistro's menu that are not listed here. This includes many of the cheaper brands such as Dowling Deluxe, Old Bourbon Hollow, Banker's Club, Echo Springs, Georgia Moon, T W Samuels and others. It also includes all of the Heaven Hill brand bourbons which are a complete spectrum in themselves going from the 3yo Ultra Deluxe to the respectable Green Label 6yo 90 proof, to the quite nice 10yo Very Rare Old Heaven Hill. I was also suprised in that the Hirsch 21 yo rye is not on the list here as well as the new Vintage Bourbons.

I know Mark and Chris are very busy people, but maybe when they get time and add some of these products, I can add the notes from the Bistro.

I hope you enjoy reading the notes as much as I did writing them.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby BourbonSteve » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:23 pm

thanks Mike. We can all benefit from this.
"Let lovers whine of the pleasures of wine but give me a bourbon and cup. Not any will do you see it's true, I like it from ole Kentuck."
BourbonSteve

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:58 am

You are quite welcome. That is what this site is all about - learning about bourbon and sharing bourbon experiences with others. So enjoy!

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby White Lightning » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:15 am

Very thoughtful Mike!
ψ£
White Lightning

Return to Bourbon, Straight