Good Bourbon Stores in Michigan?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Good Bourbon Stores in Michigan?

Unread postby daisy3d » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:03 pm

Does anyone know of a good store with a good selection of Bourbon in Michigan, around the Jackson, Ann Arbor or Lansing area? There is one in Jackson, but the service kind of blows, selection is OK, more of a party store interesting in cashing checks if you know what I mean.

By the way, I'm new to the board, I've been lurking for awhile, figured it was time to jump in. Very good group here!

Cheers,
Phil
Brooklyn, MI
daisy3d

Unread postby Whiskme » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:29 pm

Been too long since I lived there to remember good stores but born & raised in Jackson. Used to work at the Corvette races at MIS. I would try to find something locally via the net. That's how I found a great place around here. Plus, you can always go to Windsor.
Whiskme

Unread postby Firefly » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:19 pm

Phil,

The Oades store in Lansing has a nice selection of bourbon; conveniently located off US-127 on the southeast side of town.

Oades
314 S Clippert St
Lansing, MI 48912
(517) 332-4551

Cheers.
Firefly

Bourbon Stores in Michigan

Unread postby daisy3d » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Thanks for the heads up. That's just a hop skip and a jump on the way to E. Lansing for Sushi at Ukai!

Is the selection better than Big Ten? There bourbon selection kind of sucked, good Scotch stock though.

Thanks again for the heads up,
Phil
daisy3d

Unread postby Firefly » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:01 am

Phil,

I hope that I have not steered you wrong, Oades is a Big Ten store and “a nice selection” is a matter of perspective. There are at least four Big Ten stores in the area; I hope that this is not the one to which you referred. From I-127 north get off at the Kalamazoo Street and Michigan Avenue exit, turn right on Kalamazoo Street, you will see the Admiral gas station to your left, turn left into the Admiral gas station lot, Oades (Big Ten) is just behind Admiral. If you already knew of this store I apologize for getting your hopes up, if you know of a store with a better selection/pricing in the area, please pass the info along. Cheers.

John
Firefly

Unread postby Drunky McPhee » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:55 am

I live in the area and I do not know of a better stocked place. If someone else does, I would love to know.

So far I have gotten EzraB 12 yr., Elmer T. Lee, Rare Breed, Elijah Craig 12, Evan Williams, WT101, and a smattering of others from that very store.

They also have Van Winkles, Woodford, Ridgemont, and Russell Reserve, but I don't know about Bookers.
Drunky McPhee

Unread postby daisy3d » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:14 pm

Well, I'll have to check it out. I hit the Big Ten in Okemis and was disappointed in the selection. I'll hit the one you're talking about when I'm up next time for Sushi at Ukai. If you like Sushi, that is the place to go, in Okemis.

I was impressed with the scotch selection though. Thanks for the heads up. So far the best I've found is a place in Jackson, MI, Super Liquor on Mich Ave. Not the most knowledge people though, never heard of Old Fitz. So, they're just looking to sell booze.

I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks again.

Cheers!
Phil
Brooklyn, MI
daisy3d

Return to Bourbon, Straight