Wild Turkey Tribute... On its way, hopefully!

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby Mike » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:46 pm

Thank you gentlemen for this enlightening discussion on how bourbon has changed over the years. I would like to add some other factors into this complex equation.

I have been a member of Bourbon Enthusiast for about 11 months now, and not only have my own tastes changed considerably over that time, but I find that my tastes can change even over a few days.

I have been doing reviews of some less costly bourbons and I am finding that they are very good almost without exception.

While it may be true that the marketing and accounting people have too much say these days, it seems that the industry produces very few (I have encountered no 'rot gut' bourbon since I joined BE) and the opportunites for specialty bourbons (e.g. Bernheim, Bulleit, etc) is growing.

The industry overall seems to me to be quite healthy............we seem to have a wealth of good choices in bourbon.........what are your opinions?
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby JAORobot » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:48 am

okay, i now happen to have 2 sealed bottles of wild turkey tribute... which i dont plan on opening anytime soon...

not until i at least finish both my regular wild turkey 101 bottle (1st ever) and my kentucky spirit bottle (first ever) as well as my rare breed bottle (1st ever)..

so, if you ever find yourself needin gto get one, contact me, as ill probably have two sealed, maybe more if i can ever run down more bottles.
JAORobot

Unread postby JAORobot » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:30 am

also, btw..

if you are serious about finding a wild turkey tribute..

they are on ebay, and often lately, for near cost.. as in, youll end up paying in the $120-130 range SHIPPED for a bottle, which is not a severe markup at all..

i was going to go that route initially..

lately, after christmas, there is no profit to be made on selling them, as they are going for about $100 with shipping..
JAORobot

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight