Weller Antique--is it going away?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Weller Antique--is it going away?

Unread postby jcgsbg » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:12 pm

It appears from one of the reviews on this site that Weller Antique may soon be unavailable. I googled it but could not find any additional information on the subject. Is this true? If so, I will be sorely dissappointed. I'm a relative bourbon newbie, but have grown to appreciate this bourbon very much in the last year or two.
jcgsbg

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:39 pm

Mike Veach (rhymes with beach) has the best answer. In as far as I know Weller Antique is a dead dog. Buy what you can find, and call it a day.
bunghole

Unread postby Mark » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:32 pm

If you're referring to the review done by bpeikes found here don't worry. :) That bottle was a bottle bought from LeNells. She was fortunate enough to stumble upon several cases of Weller Antique from back in the 90's. It was whiskey from I think Stitzel-Weller and is no longer available. That's the only reason the reference was made.

Ok, I just went to the greatbourbon.com website and weller antique is not listed on there. I thought it used to be but I could be wrong... So Mr. Veach, we do need your or anyones help as I just don't know anymore if it is in fact gone from BT's lineup. :?
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby OneCubeOnly » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:58 pm

Mark wrote:Ok, I just went to the greatbourbon.com website and weller antique is not listed on there.

It's there:

http://www.greatbourbon.com/wellerantique.html
OneCubeOnly

Unread postby Mark » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:07 pm

Thanks Gary, forgot that there wasnt a pic for it, you have to click it from a link within other weller stuff. Duh! :geek:
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Return to Bourbon, Straight