Life is short and all that

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Life is short and all that

Unread postby Mike » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:23 pm

On this Repeal Day (thanks to Mike Veach for reminding us of this auspicious event), I am reflecting on how lucky a man I am. I am asipping, not one, not two, not three, but four (count 'em) world class spirits. That they all happen to be bourbon is no big deal. Case you are interested, they are, in no order of preference: A H Hirsch 16 YO, Wild Turkey Tribute, Pappy 20 YO, and Black Maple Hill 21 YO (can I tell you again how lucky I am).

I have a fantastic wife (I wonder how I managed that) and two strong sons (one of whom went to Iraq yesterday with the Third Army so your prayers are welcomed), wonderful buddies (drinking and otherwise), a nice home, a decent retirement income (can I tell you again how lucky I am), and I love life!

Now, back to the bourbon! Even though it is the least important of the things listed above, nevertheless, for me it is one of life's essentials!!

On this Repeal Day, I am not drinking with buddies, nor taking notes, nor comparing the bourbons........ baby, I am drinking for the sheer enjoyment of it. And, lemme tell you, I am enjoying it to the max (contrary to what you might think, I am not inebriated nor even high). I know that most, if not all, of the people who read this posting will understand what I mean and join me in a toast to our site's heroes..........Mark and Brewer; Mike Veach; Bunghole; Gillmang; Angleshare(s); and so many others who give us pleasure through their personalities, knowledge, and insight into our life's elixir....................BOURBON.

Life is short........you know what to do!!!!!!!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Mark » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:02 pm

First off Mike my prayers will be with you, your family and your son while he does his tour over in Iraq. I served 4 years in the AF myself so I wish him a safe stay while there and a quick return. :flag:

As for Repeal Day wow, you really are living the high life over there. :lol: You've got some great bottlings to be sampling from, congrats! I myself will be settling in for a bit of tv in a few minutes and I think I'll have some Old Commonwealth. It's basically Old Rip van Winkle 10 year old 107 proof but in a different bottle. Hmmm, after that some of that Ancient Age barrel 107. Man, I love that stuff. :cheers:
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby bourbonv » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:53 pm

Mike,
You forgot to add a great sense of humor and a talent for writing entertaining pieces for this computer site. Life is good and I am glad you saved some bourbon time for Repeal Day.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby kbuzbee » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:21 pm

Our prayers, for your son as well, Mike.

For me, Repeal day was a long pour of GTS. Nice! And a toast to all you fine folks here.

Ken
kbuzbee

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:52 pm

This one's for you Mike, and the next will be for your son. :cheers: I hope that your son returns home safe & sound & soon.
Bob
Brewer

Return to Bourbon, Straight