Buffalo Trace Distillery Receives Unprecedented Honors

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:48 pm

Based on the subject matter, I thought I should post this info here, rather than in "Industry News", although it is news...but not to most of us.

Distillery earns "Distillery of the Year" and "American Whiskey of the Year" titles

Source: Buffalo Trace Distillery

FRANKLIN COUNTY, KY – What a year! On the heels of being named "Distiller of the Year" this spring by Whisky Magazine, Buffalo Trace Distillery was again honored with the title of "Distillery of the Year" by Malt Advocate Magazine. The award was presented at Whiskey Fest, November 8 in New York City.

"I can’t even begin to express how surprised and excited we are by this honor," said Mark Brown, President of Buffalo Trace Distillery. "Having been the first American distillery to receive this award back in 2000, we certainly didn’t expect to be recognized again so soon. We just couldn’t be happier!"

Sazerac Rye 18 year-old Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey was also victorious at Whiskey Fest, taking home the honor of "American Whiskey of the Year." This is the second time Malt Advocate has bestowed this illustrious title on Sazerac Rye.

"I’m very proud of the whiskies we produce at Buffalo Trace. To have Malt Advocate Magazine honor our distillery with this award truly validates of our efforts to produce outstanding whiskey," said Kris Comstock, Bourbon Brand Manager of Buffalo Trace. "We’ll always stay true to the time honored traditions at Buffalo Trace, but continue to seek new and innovative ways to produce the best whiskies in the world."

Along with the recent awards from Malt Advocate and Whisky Magazine other publications such as Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible have also honored the whiskeys being produced at Buffalo Trace. Since 2000 Buffalo Trace has earned three "Distillery of the Year" awards and six "Whiskey of the Year" titles and more than 100 other awards for brands such as: Buffalo Trace, George T. Stagg, Eagle Rare Single Barrel, W.L. Weller and Elmer T. Lee.

For more information on the Malt Advocate and their annual awards please visit http://www.maltadvocate.com and to learn more about the award-winning bourbons of Buffalo Trace Distillery go to http://www.greatbourbon.com.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:06 pm

:thumbright: HUZZAH BUFFALO TRACE! :thumbright:

These awards are well earned in my book. :1st:

:arrow: ima :sunny:
bunghole

Unread postby jbohan » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:31 am

No secret that I am a true friend of the BT Distillery and agree that the accolades are well deserved. Can you believe that I stopped into a liquor store in Atlanta that did not carry one single brand from BT !!!
To long ashes and long finishes
jbohan
True Friend

Return to Bourbon, Straight