A mighty fine bourbon for around $20 or less

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

A mighty fine bourbon for around $20 or less

Unread postby Mike » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:17 pm

I tolt my dog, being as how I am in a good mood, that I would give him a treat. Those of y'all who know me will not be surprised to learn that he answered that he would like a naked weeny and a sip of Old Forester Signature bourbon. I gave him a cheap weeny and was about to pull a fast one and give him some Evan Williams Black Label, but he was watching me.

He et that weeny is a matter of a millisecond, all the while his eyes was laying on that sip of OFS I had poured for him. I said looky over yonder and pointed out the winder and whilst he looked away I took a sip of the bourbon in his glass, and a sip from my glass. When he looked back each glass contained the self same amount.

Still, he allowed as how I was being a bit stingy. As always I come at him with, 'When you buying the bourbon, you get to pour.' That settled his hash.

He had the balls to say in reply, 'Thank you master, you the best boy on the block.'

But, thank God, not one word about dogs being bettern people.

We sipped our Old Forester Signature bourbon and he commences to writing a bourbon review (which he sometimes does in my place)

'This bourbon', he says, 'has that slight coppery metallic taste that we like a lot in Brown Foreman whiskey, don't it, master'?'

'Yep', says I, 'it sho does.'

Says he, 'I reckon we might could use a smidge more of Signature bourbon just to verify that, huh, master?'

'Might could', says I.

'I'll get it.' says he.

'Ok', says I. He got us another sip....... and then all hell broke loose cause he up and says, 'You know Mike, dogs really are smarter than humans.'

Just give that dog one sip and he gets on his high horse....... happens every time. I never learn.

By the way, he is for sale........ and has been for several years.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: A mighty fine bourbon for around $20 or less

Unread postby Wasatch » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Yep, Old Forest Signature is very tasty.
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Mike wrote:He et that weeny is a matter of a millisecond.

i had a collie once that would swallow a hot dog whole. just sit it on her tongue and the whole thing went down like it was on a conveyor belt. i thought to myself.....'i need to find a girl like that'
393foureyedfox

Unread postby danITB » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:55 pm

I love the Old Forester Signature. I find it to be pretty deep and complex and that price point. Even the $26 it is here.
danITB

Unread postby thomas15 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:47 pm

I live in North East Pennsylvania but work in Phillipsburg, NJ., which is a border town. As some might know, the commonwealth of PA sells wines and spirits in state owned stores, no private likker sales in PA no sir.

Anywho, as youns might imagine, the several likker stores on Rt. 22 in Pburg., you know, are, like, kind of expensive. But it tis fun to look at all then purdy bottles not seen often in pensy. So I stop in after work Friday and of course look at what who is on the shelves (it's Norton's Cork n' Bottle I'm talking about), see Buffalo Trace going for $29.00 which happens to be $23.99 at the fancy PA pre-mum outlets so I'm gonna take a pass but just then I notice a stunning bottle of Old Forester Signature selling for $20.00. Thinking it might be a mistake and being quite certain that even the PA pre-mum stores don't carry this concoction I proceed to the check out, hold my breath as the clerk scans the bottle, then I commence to take her home with me.

So now I'm gonna just stare at the bottle for a few weeks then drink it some.
Whiskey for Breakfast (in the key of Glock).
thomas15

Return to Bourbon, Straight