Anyone have the Elijah Craig 12 year Barrel Proof

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Anyone have the Elijah Craig 12 year Barrel Proof

Unread postby loki993 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:21 am

I just saw a local bar post about this on facebook and it got me curious. I love the regular 12 year so I figured this would be even better. Though before I run out and drop 40 or so bucks on a bottle id like to know if its at least better then the 25 dollar bottles of regular EC12.

I tried to find some reviews but they are scarce, I'm assuming because its so now. I've found maybe two and one says its great and the other says its not very. The other problem is all the reviews I find are of the one released at the bourbon heritage center and I'm not sure i that's the same or not.

Anyone tried this yet? Is it worth me running out and grabbing a bottle before its all gone? Also how long does this stuff usually last on the shelf, I mean before its all sold out?
loki993

Re: Anyone have the Elijah Craig 12 year Barrel Proof

Unread postby Birdo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 pm

It's $49 buck for 750ml here in Louisville KY, but it's sold out where I go.

They do have the Evan Williams Single Barrel 2003 bottling available for $25, which I find to be a sensible indulgence. Cheers!
Last edited by Birdo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birdo

Unread postby loki993 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Funny you say that,I hadn't found any then I want to a new place that someone told me about. This guy was supposed to have a few different special single barrel bottlings and didn't disappoint. I asked offhandedly, thinking he would be out, about the Barrel Proof and he had it. same 49.99 for a bottle. Although a great price for a barrel proof bourbon I passed and actually left with a bottle of what? EWSB, actually a 2002 bottling. One of his custom barrels. He also has EC12 single barrels and pints of BT. I'll definitely be back.
loki993

Unread postby GBrough » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Hard to find in san jouquin valley but it sounds scumptous my favourite bourbon next to KS is elijah craig 12.
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Unread postby Wasatch » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:22 pm

We only have the regular EG12 here in Utah, but it is very tasty.
Cheers!
Wasatch

Return to Bourbon, Straight