Whats this about blending bourbon

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Whats this about blending bourbon

Unread postby GBrough » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:19 pm

I have heard so much about knob creek and its single barrel brother feels like I am missing out
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Unread postby Bob Barker » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm from Louisiana and I always have to think about if I'm going to order a bourbon with my meal bc many times a spicy Cajun dish will totally wreck ur palette for fully enjoying a great bourbon. Also random acidic foods like the salad dressing described in a previous post can sour a great bourbon. Now I'm off to go sip a little old weller antique one of my absolute favorite budget whiskeys.
Bob Barker

Unread postby bunghole » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm

GBrough wrote:I have heard so much about knob creek and its single barrel brother feels like I am missing out

You Are! Damn Man! No Knob Creek??? :roll:
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby GBrough » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:36 pm

I know, in a manhattan KC is amazing but i have never tried it neat.
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Unread postby GBrough » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 pm

EllenJ wrote:Knob Creek is totally wonderful with steak 'n potatoes.
Not so much with Caesar salad dressing, though :?
If you wanted an alcohol beverage with your salad, white wine probably would've been better, but I prefer to just have water or a beer (Foster's is pretty much just fizzy water anyway) and then order a bourbon with the main course.

And if you're lucky enough to have Knob Creek as a selection (most of the Outbacks, Longhorns, and Texas Roadhouses I've seen offer Beam, Daniels, and either Maker's or Wild Turkey (but never both), another glass is also good with their desserts (BTW, I love Outback; don't nobody tell me it ain't no good simply 'cause I can depend on getting a good steak there wherever I see one).

I just got a gift card to them from family i will go there soon, never had it but i had flemings and that was a 150 dollar check for 2 filet mignons, 2 sides and soda i will never go there if i am paying.
GBrough

Unread postby EllenJ » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Oh yeah, and Outback is cheap, too. It's not exactly a Fleming's filet mignon kind of place, but it's also not a half-inch ribeye joint either. An 18 oz porterhouse goes for under $25, including salad, rolls, and sides, and that's about the biggest thing they have. Their signature sirloin is tougher than filet (duh!) but more flavorful and always cooked to perfection. 12 ounces, seventeen bucks with all the fixin's.
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Unread postby gillmang » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:10 am

I always liked Outback especially the ribs.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby Birdo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 am

You really should try some Knob Creek, neat or on the rocks. I don't know the sales numbers, but I'll bet Knob Creek is the best seller in that class of bourbon. I like it as well and probably better than Bookers or Bakers (also from the Beam Company) which both cost more. Knob Creek is aged longer and more consistent than the other two mentioned here.
Birdo

Unread postby GBrough » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:00 pm

I want to get some single barrel or small batch of the KC line.
GBrough

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight