My family has offered to get me a bourbon

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: My family has offered to get me a bourbon

Unread postby GBrough » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Thats what i have heard, i cant wait to enjoy it while painting and sitting back. I will be getting some JDSB this friday as well with my own cash.
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:24 pm

GBrough wrote:Hey guys my family has offered to get my a bourbon for my birthday and i have narrowed it down to Bookers or Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit.

What is your opinion of each one, and which one do you prefer i just had my first single barrel bourbon two days ago it was blantons and while i enjoyed it the spice out balanced the fruit but its drinkability was fantastic.

If you want bring in other single barrel bourbons you recommend in the 40-50 dollar price range.

You can't go wrong with Four Roses Single barrel.
BourbonBalls

Unread postby GBrough » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 pm

I really enjoyed four roses small batch, sadly they are out of single barrel in my area. The small batch was very good had an almost minty feel on the finish it was a tingly sharp feel that i equate with mint.
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Unread postby GBrough » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:57 pm

I got kentucky spirit and it is amazing, smooth, creamy, dry, with not to much spice.
GBrough

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight