Royal Carribean has great bourbon

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Royal Carribean has great bourbon

Unread postby Satty Beach » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:53 pm

I'd be broken, literally, figuatively and spritually, if I had to pay for GNS wells and rum that comes in a tanker truck.
Taken the cure.
Satty Beach

Unread postby gillmang » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Yes but gents, what's the food like on those ships? First things first. :)

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby Birdo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 am

gillmang wrote:Yes but gents, what's the food like on those ships? First things first. :)

Gary

Food was great on Royal. They have some up charges for fancy restraunts, but we were pleased with the standard dining options. The filet was the same or better than Outback. I'm not a huge food snob. Suchi buffet was good too. Think very good banquet or buffet food, it's not fine dining. But I won't pay for fine dining anyway. Royal food was as good as the Disney, and the Princess cruise lines, but I haven't been on Carnival.
Last edited by Birdo on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birdo

Unread postby Bob Barker » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:38 am

Second the question about food I just would ask about carnivals food bc I'm going on the conquest on a seven day cruise in may
Bob Barker

Unread postby EllenJ » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:43 pm

Ditto everything Gary and Birdo said about the food. Princess' food is excellent in all venues (and there are many). We DID do an "extra fee" dining room one night, steaks at the Crown Grill. Cost an additional $25 apiece and worth every penny, especially considering that there are no prices - the additional cost covers everything but wine or liquor. Not only excellent steaks, but unlimited portions as well. We couldn't finish, and our waiter had our remainder wrapped in foil (shaped to look like a basket, no less) and delivered to our stateroom for us. They do that with unfinished wine, as well. And no, we didn't have one of the luxury suites, just a balcony stateroom (normal accommodations on Princess ships).

But to stay within the focus of this forum we didn't order any whiskey, for the reasons previously mentioned, nor did we order any rum, as the selection was... well, dismal. We drank "1-Barrel Rum" from Belize that we smuggled aboard that afternoon.
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight