$129 Wild turkey tradition

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

$129 Wild turkey tradition

Unread postby Wonder Woman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 am

So my son in law that has given me a criteria for Christmas gifts. B words. Books, bullets, burbon. works for us. Last yr I got a 10 yr PVW. I know Pappy -older would have been better but my pockets arent that deep--cheap -cheap. He hasnt opened it yet ??? I wonder why ??? who knows???? Anyways is the Wild turkey tradition--worth the amount of $129? I have looked at the reviews for 1792 Ridgemont reserve--but that doesnt seem to be the favorite on your list. Suggestions? If it is not either of those--it should be one I can really locate. Thanks (hes a little bit of a snob--but arent we all? :roll: ) wonder woman
Wonder Woman

Re: $129 Wild turkey tradition

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 am

Let's put it this way. 1792 is a good bourbon and 100 bucks cheaper than the tradition. If he's gonna take over a year to drink it save yourself some money.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby jcg9779 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:44 pm

You could carry the B theme through the gift - Blanton's, Bulleit, Bowman (Abraham or John J.), Baker's, Booker's, Buffalo Trace, Black Maple HIll....this might be too cheesy though...lol
Jack

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.
-Ben Hogan
jcg9779

Unread postby Wonder Woman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Joe, thanks for the good advice. (why doesnt open that bottle?) I think I owe you! And the idea of the B'-B's could take the shopping worry away from a number of years and I know he would catch on--how many years ya think-- Really,I love cheesy--as long as it with a little whine. :wink:
Wonder Woman

Return to Bourbon, Straight