There do be times.

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

There do be times.

Unread postby Mike » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Now, y'all and all, there do be times when there is nothing in this wide world that compares to having a sitdown with a fine bourbon, therewith, letting the damn world lie at your feet. I be sitting here sipping on some WL Weller Centenial bourbon that is simply wonderful.

Me dog, Barleycorn, is telling me what a wonderful guy I be (hoping for another sip his own self), but as yet I am unmoved by his flattery. But the bastard knows full well that I am a sucker for compliments (who ain't?), so in the end he will slip the bottle slyly from me hand for the reward he knows he is due.

If I know my dog, and he damn sure knows me, he will shortly begin to hum a cowboy song....... he knows that when I get aholt of a great bourbon, I just natural born gravitate toward cowboy songs....... yep I think I heard a bit of 'git along little doggies'.

There do be times when the company of a dog (note that I do not use the word faithful in reference to this mutt) is a blessing. But!

There do be times when the company of a manipulative and selfish mutt can try the patience of a bunghole (saint). This dog is available to be hauled off for them as can afford his tastes, and his know it all attitude.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Bourbon, Straight