Michter's "Wonderful Good" Egg Nog

Cookin' in the kitchen with bourbon & Brenda! Come on in and view her recipes or share with us some of your own.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby samkom » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Seeing as how the last egg nog recipe posted here garnered some interest, here's one from the same recipe booklet from the notorious Pennsylvania distillery that produced the fabulous Whiskey Cake recipe I posted before the holidays. Never made this one, but it sure seems to have potential, bolstered by a nice blend of other appropriate spirits. For my purposes, the bottled egg nog from our local dairy is pretty tough to beat when a good belt of bourbon is added!

1 dozen fresh eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 fifth Michter's whiskey
4 ounces rum
4 ounces brandy
2 ounces Cointreau
1 quart milk
1 pint cream
1 quart vanilla ice cream
ground nutmeg

Separate egg yolks and beat with sugar until smooth. Stir Michter's, rum, brandy, and Cointreau into egg yolks. Add milk, cream, and ice cream. Let stand in refrigerator until ready to use. Just before serving, fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. It gives 30 servings.
samkom

Unread postby brendaj » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks for that, it sounds pretty wonderful.

I intend to try that Whiskey Cake just as soon as the I recover from the whole holiday thing (I'm so glad its ov...errrrr, I mean...daggone I love Christmas... :wink: )

Anything with a dozen eggs. a quart of ice cream and a fifth of Michter's has got to be heaven. My heart skipped a beat just reading the recipe... :lol:
As a Kentuckian, I consider it my civic duty to drink Bourbon, smoke and bet the ponies. Its a tuff job, but someone has to do it...
brendaj

Return to Bourbon Recipes