Comments on bunghole`s review of Parker's Heritage Collection 'Golden Anniversary'

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on bunghole`s review of Parker's Heritage Collection 'Golden Anniversary'

Unread postby forumadmin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:51 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about bunghole's review of Parker's Heritage Collection 'Golden Anniversary'.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Comments on bunghole`s review of Parker's Heritage Collectio

Unread postby gillmang » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 pm

Excellent review, Linn.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby bunghole » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

gillmang wrote:Excellent review, Linn.

Gary

Thank You Gary! As a general rule, I don't drink blends or vattings, so my senses weren't really atuned for this bourbon. It's soft-spoken and subtil. I should add that I think Parker did an excellent job of the vatting.

Linn
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby gillmang » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Well, you just pegged it. I have a bottle and agree with all you said. It is a subtle and well-balanced mingling. The thing with this kind of bottling is, there are so many ways to have combined the whiskeys they did, and small variations (or large) would have made for quite a different product IMO. They did a fine job. I am not sure about the price, but I suppose different considerations enter in at that point (rarity of some of the components, collectability, etc.).

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Re: Comments on bunghole`s review of Parker's Heritage Collection 'Golden Anniversary'

Unread postby vince » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Linn

I enjoyed your review. I have not purchased a bottle of the Anniversary but I do have the 27 year old and the first release in the Parker series. I was interested in your comments regarding the understated component of this bourbon. Have you tried the 27 year old? If so, how would you compare the two? I think the 27 year old is a great bourbon and your comments would help me decide if I want to spend the money on the anniversary.

Thanks
vince

Re: Comments on bunghole`s review of Parker's Heritage Collection 'Golden Anniversary'

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Vince,

I had to go back and re-read my own notes! Yes I have had just a small sample of the 27 year old courtesy of independent.

One of the things that makes Parker's Heritage so exciting is that each year's release has been so vastly different from each other. So if you are a bourbon collector or just like to have and drink fairly rare bourbons then you will want a bottle of the 'Golden Anniversary'. I really had a very difficult time reviewing it, and at first thought that I had totally missed the mark. I do my best to put in a lot of time; thought, and effort into each review, as I want the people who read them to trust my tasting skills. Tasting the 'Golden Anniversary' required a complete shift of my bourbonic mind-set, and was quite a challange. It is an interesting; good tasting, and totally unique bourbon to be sure. If your are comfortable with the $150 price of admission, then sure go for it. Just remember that this isn't a loud or boisterous bourbon. It's a wall flower; shy, subtle, soft-spoken, tightly woven together by a master weaver.

Linn
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion