Who's tasted the new GTS?

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Who's tasted the new GTS?

Unread postby BulleitBob » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:33 pm

I have a bottle of this, but this time I'm really going to give to my brother for Christmas. Seems the last bottle (2005) didn't get out of town (something about HAZMAT material).
Anyone sipped some of this yet? Thanks
BulleitBob

Unread postby JH » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Bob, what's the cost this year at the Liquor Barn (if you bought there)?
Nothing on the shelf when I was in Lexington a couple of weeks ago so I guess I'll send my brother a check for a GTS & a Handy for his next stop at the Lexington Liquor Barn.
Thanks.
JH

Unread postby ACDetroit » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:42 pm

I had some last night. It's Hot! Neat was tough so I started adding a straw of water at a time as the water opens this monster up I really got dark ripe fruit out of it and dark chocolate, the wood is there but the finish on this big dog is unreal. You can actually chew the finish.

I need to spend some more time with this bottle but the new Saz 18 has my full attention currently.
Tony
Tony Curtis

“So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey.”
W.C. Fields
ACDetroit

Re: Who's tasted the new GTS?

Unread postby barturtle » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:29 am

BulleitBob wrote:I have a bottle of this, but this time I'm really going to give to my brother for Christmas. Seems the last bottle (2005) didn't get out of town (something about HAZMAT material).
Anyone sipped some of this yet? Thanks

This one won't make it on a plane (or shipping) either, as anything over 140 proof is hazmat.
barturtle

Unread postby Jon » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:54 pm

The GTS is almost gone with only 3bottles left at Liquor Barn Harrodsburg rd. All the Ryes have left town unless some really small shop has a few, but I doubt it. The Thoroughbred Shop sold all of its ryes the Thurs. they got them and their GTS was gone by Mon.. Anyway, the price at the Liquor Barn is $62. By the way, the T.Handy is an atomic bomb of juicy fruit. Very intense!!
Write what YOU smell and taste in an accurate descriptive form and in complete disregard for others posts. Not everyone will share your particular taste, but you very well may succeed in helping them find theirs!
Jon
KY Mastertaster

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion