Rowans Creek and peanut shells

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Rowans Creek and peanut shells

Unread postby Jon » Thu May 31, 2007 12:09 pm

I had just finished sipping 1oz of Elmer T. Lee and poured my first taste of Rowans Creek. The first flavor, and a BIG one at that, was of roasted peanut shells! I love peanut shells and have never before tasted it in bourbon. It was a huge part of the profile. Maybe its my bottle, but if you have any ETL around, sip on the ETL examining the taste profile, then pour the Rowans creek, do the same, and tell me what you think? I hope its not just this bottle.
Write what YOU smell and taste in an accurate descriptive form and in complete disregard for others posts. Not everyone will share your particular taste, but you very well may succeed in helping them find theirs!
Jon
KY Mastertaster

Unread postby Mike » Thu May 31, 2007 7:18 pm

ETL is not available to me so I cannot compare, but I don't doubt your conclusion and like to do off the cuff compariisons myself.

I like Rowan's Creek a lot. Do a review of RC, you seem to have a very fine palate and a good way with words and are finding new tastes (peanut shells).
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Jon » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:00 am

Thanks Mike, I really look forward to doing a review on Rowans Creek also, because that means I get to drink it. However, I travel around the country ( although my home is very close to Bardstown, KY) every 3 mo.s or so in cardiac cath labs taking an enormous amount of call, so my tastings are preciously few and far between. I am also going to purchase KY Bourbon Distillers XO this weekend, and if anyone has the knowledge of how to get the Old St Nick series with out living in Japan, please let me know. Have you have any experience with the latter? Jon
Write what YOU smell and taste in an accurate descriptive form and in complete disregard for others posts. Not everyone will share your particular taste, but you very well may succeed in helping them find theirs!
Jon
KY Mastertaster

Unread postby Mike » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:19 am

I have found the XO to be of uneven quality............some very good, some not so good. Never found or tried the St Nick...........something to look forward to.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion