Comments on Mike's review of Woodford Reserve Four Grain Bou

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Mike's review of Woodford Reserve Four Grain Bou

Unread postby forumadmin » Thu May 03, 2007 8:55 am

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Mike's review of Woodford Reserve Four Grain Bourbon;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu May 03, 2007 8:55 am

Mike,
Very interesting review. I do not find the Four Grain offensive as many people do, and I do think the extra year in the wood helped the flavor profile, but you seem to like it quite a bit better than I do. I know several other people who feel the same way you do about the Four Grain. My question is - Is it worth the money to you? I like it but would not pay that much money for a bottle.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Mike » Thu May 03, 2007 9:48 am

Mike, I will answer your value question this way. Four Grain 'was' worth the $100 I paid. I wanted to try the FG, liked it very much for its unique qualities, and will enjoy it again from time to time.

Would I buy another at this price? I won't know that until I have finished this bottle, which will take a while. I put FG in a special occasion category along with a few other spirits. I drink them only once in a while when the right mood strikes me. I always enjoy them a lot when I do have a sip, but it is not very often.

An example of this is Crown Royal XR, ($150). I did buy another bottle of this to have for those occasions when it seems just the right thing.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu May 03, 2007 12:27 pm

Mike,
So you think it is a good value for a special occasion type bourbon - A bourbon that taste good enough to drink when you feel you want something special.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion