Comments on thomas15`s review of Buffalo Trace

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on thomas15`s review of Buffalo Trace

Unread postby forumadmin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about thomas15's review of Buffalo Trace.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Satty Beach » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 pm

I can tell you are going to be a hit around here.
Taken the cure.
Satty Beach

Re: Comments on thomas15`s review of Buffalo Trace

Unread postby Amber45 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:00 am

Thanks for posting the good content…I wanted like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such threads.
Amber45

Unread postby frankjay02 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:45 pm

I am finding that how I judge the bourbon depends on when I drink it and with what. For example. When I saw that Odan, a sctoch I tried and liked a lot was $104 a bottle I ambled down the aisle to look at the bourbons. My history with bourbon was always OGD 100 drunk recreationally usually in the dead of winter, in the woods before we went to some more expensive club. We are talkaing mid-70's and beyond. Anyway....I went to bourbon section asked the kid working there what was "good" and he said....Buffalo Trace is very popular. So I bought a 750ml. I liked it that night...two days later, after dinner...it didn't taste as good....a few days later around midnight, it tasted great....two days later mid-day, it was so so. Being this is my first post and I don't have the 'whisky vocabulary' and can only relay my impressions without the whisky speak. My two cents on this. BTW....someone gave me a liter and so far, 6 ounces are gone and it has been very nice indeed. Not great, like my Basil Hayden or Noah's Mill, but nice.
Life is too short to drink cheap beer or whisky.
frankjay02

Unread postby gillmang » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 am

Whiskey will seem to change from time to time because it depends what you have been eating, your fatigue level, other factors.
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby Bookerman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:25 pm

Trace is good after dinner drink great way to top off the day take it neat and sip it slow
Bookerman

Unread postby Eggman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Howdy,

BT is a fair Bourbon for $20. It's nose is weak, but it's taste and finish remain a strength. I'd rate it as dynamically equal to JB black label and at about the same price.
Eggman

Unread postby Redbeard » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:15 pm

I first tried Buffalo Trace (BT) upon recommendation from other reviews. I wanted, and still want, a bourbon or whiskey that , 1. doesn't hurt me, 2. Slips down the throat rather than has to be forceably swallowed, 3. that has a sweet smokey, and 4. I don't have to take a loan out to enjoy. BT does not meet all of those but it is on the way. I enjoy other whiskey's as well but like the smoothness of Bourbon and the freshness of Irish.
I agree that the same three fingers of a whiskey can taste rather different at times but I am not the type that cares to chart all the variables, I just want to enjoy it.
BT is a staple in my cabinet as are many brands and I will keep trying others in an effort to find one that meets all four key points. So far it's fun tasting.
Redbeard

Unread postby thomas15 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:03 pm

I haven't logged in for quite a while. I had a bottle of BT single barrel not too long ago. I still like it but found the offering a bit harsh. This was a single barrel that a local shop purchased and bottled, I had it for about 2 years before cracking the seal. I think the harshness is an abundance of pepper.
Whiskey for Breakfast (in the key of Glock).
thomas15

Next

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion