Comments on Mike`s review of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2008

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Mike`s review of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2008

Unread postby forumadmin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:39 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Mike's review of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2008.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Kendall » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:39 pm

As I sit and enjoy this excellent Bourbon and read your post I have decided
you have revied it as well as it could be done.
Kendall

Re:

Unread postby Mike » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Kendall wrote:As I sit and enjoy this excellent Bourbon and read your post I have decided
you have revied it as well as it could be done.

Thanks for the compliment on my review. I reviewed the 2008 Birthday Bourbon almost three years ago. Because I remembered that there was some still nearby, I checked today at 'my' liquor store and they still have a couple of bottles of the '08. I still have some, but think I will spring for another bottle or two after trying a sip when I returned home.

I would take nothing back that I wrote in that review...... this REALLY is a special bourbon. It plays favorites to none of the aspects of a great bourbon and demonstrates each in its great harmony, complexity, subtlety, and balance. In my opinion, for what that is worth, while It certainly has its equals, there are few, if any, superiors. This one goes on the boat with me when I am sent into exile for my misdeeds.

To me, this is a bourbon education in a bottle, and it is easily one of the best bourbons you can buy. For $30 (or thereabouts, if you can find it), you can be in the big leagues of bourbon, in my opinion.

Thanks for reminding me!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion