Comments on Satty Beach`s review of Jim Beam White

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Satty Beach`s review of Jim Beam White

Unread postby forumadmin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:19 am

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Satty Beach's review of Jim Beam White.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby whiskeybreath » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:19 am

You hit the nail on the head when you called it one dimensional-strictly a mixer at best. That said, why spend around $15 a 4/5th for Beam when you can get Old Forester 86 or a multitude of other brands for the same price or less? MUST DRINK? I don't know about that, if someone chose to pass on Beam, I don't think they would be missing out on much, and I sure couldn't blame them for doing so.
whiskeybreath

Re: Comments on Satty Beach`s review of Jim Beam White

Unread postby Satty Beach » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks. Yeah, I'd never pay full pop for Beam. Old Forester is a totally different animal with the smoothness factor. In my county {Brevard, Fl} kind of hard to find OF 86 in fifths, though handles have been on sale at winn-dixie for $24 and it is great juice. Sometimes just don't want to make the commitment for a handle which makes Beam a no brainer 750ml if on sale. Currently revisiting several lower tier offerings, looking for the diamond in the rough and just tasting. Old Crow is next, tried OLD Crow Reserve 86 and it's even more simplistic than Beam if that's possible. Tried Rebel Yell a few weeks ago and was disappointed. Winn-Dixie also has OGD 86 at $14, deeper profile but my palate is over it. Is Beam white a MUST DRINK? Probably not.
Taken the cure.
Satty Beach

Unread postby delaware_phoenix » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:39 pm

I'm sure you'll find what you like, but you might need to step up a level. Just a thought.
Cheryl Lins - Proprietor and distiller, Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY
delaware_phoenix

Unread postby whiskeybreath » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:06 am

I can understand your frustrations, living in Florida half the year, I load up at the Liquor Barn off of Fern Creek on the way down. Florida has a SUCKY selection of bourbon to choose from. Rum is another matter, best I have ever seem anywhere, and CHEAP too. i can get Barbancourt four star down here for less than the three star back in Indy. The borbon prices down here are CRAZY for the better brands in higher proofs. I refuse to pay those prices. ABC Liquor is the best by far down here for selection AND price, but I usually have plenty from passing through Lul'vul that i don't have to buy much down here {except maybe some rum}. Ancient Age and Four Roses is cheap enough, can get either for $10.99@ 4/5th, but I just am not that big a fan of 80 proof bourbon to buy any. 86 is my minimum {unless it is an old dusty of Old Taylor or Rebel Yell}.
whiskeybreath

Unread postby dickelfanaustralia » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:09 am

what is bonded white like? its one distiller not interchanged.
Is white LIGHT as a Feather cause of the formular 12 recipe or cause its 4 years old.

I notice a vinatge white there was pine dust just puring out my nose.

Is it me but are they food coloring the big white label bottled cause it cant be that dark for a light whisky. Im referring to Austrlia bottles.
dickelfanaustralia

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion