A&H Myers cut glass bottle. Need info.

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

A&H Myers cut glass bottle. Need info.

Unread postby SKIRMISHER » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi,
I have an old A&H Myers bottle I would like to find out more about. It is a free blown hand cut bottle with "A&H Myers Shcuylkill Pure Malt Whiskey" cut into a keystone and "Gold Medal" cut in two words one on each side of the top of the keystone. So far I know it was made for the A&H Myres Distillery and have what historical information is available at this site. I would like to know if it is a special bottle to commemorate the winning of the Gold Medal at the New Orleans Exposition. Is it one of a kind? I will try to post Photos. Well, I can't upload the Photos due to too many pixels so I will describe it. It is cylindrical in shape, 3 1/4" diameter 7" to the neck, 9 1/4" total without stopper. The cut keystone is 2 7/8" high and 3" wide at the widest points. There is a flower and fern design encircling the bottle at the top and 7/8" from the bottom with a 1 1/2" total width each. The ground off pontil mark on the bottom is 1 1/2" in Dia. It has what I believe to be the original stopper. It is a multi-faceted ball on a short six sided stem. The Stopper was blown in a two piece mold then the facets were cut on the ball shaped top. There is a small mark on the top surface of the stopper which may be the pontil mark. Thanks for any info provided. It would be helpful if anyone knows the value also.
Ron
Attachments
IMG_2450.JPG
IMG_2450.JPG (91.29 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
IMG_2454.JPG
IMG_2454.JPG (62.47 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
IMG_2456.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG (162.97 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2453.JPG (56.16 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
SKIRMISHER

Re: A&H Myers cut glass bottle. Need info.

Unread postby aarondaniels » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:03 am

that is one nice piece you have there.
aarondaniels

Return to Collector's Corner