Collection of Prohibition Era Liquor

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Collection of Prohibition Era Liquor

Unread postby lori0077 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:40 pm

Just curious if anyone might guess what our collection is worth. We have 21 bottles of prohibition era liquor, all Whiskey's but 4 Gins. They range from being made in 1915 to 1946. All are still full and sealed by the IRS. At least 1/2 still have the packaging plus we also have 2 of the original case boxes they were shipped in. One is from 1942 and one is from 1945. Some are from the American Medicinal Spirits Co. There are several pictures and a list but I am unable to post them on this site because of their size and unfortunately I do not know how to reduce their size. If anyone would like to see the list and pictures please email me at lori0077@msn.com and I will send them. I sure would appreciate any assistance you can provide on semi appraising this collection for us.
Thank you.
lori0077

Re: Collection of Prohibition Era Liquor

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:53 pm

They will certainly have some value but we need to know the brands to be of any help.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Re: Collection of Prohibition Era Liquor

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Bourbon Joe wrote:They will certainly have some value but we need to know the brands to be of any help.
Joe

Indeed. Also you would need to bring in a friend that knows how to take good, sharp and clearmacro shots of the labels and tax stamps on the bottle necks. And bring them down to an acceptable file size for this forum.

Without such prime information, all we can tell you is...........................

DRINK IT, GIRL, DRINK IT!

I hope this helps.

Linn
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Return to Collector's Corner