Ask How Much Your Bottle is Worth Here

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Re: Ask How Much Your Bottle is Worth Here

Unread postby PaulO » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:19 am

I wonder if this bottle was the result of some individual, club, or business that bought some full barrels from a distiller, and had a custom label made up. It may have been a one time deal, and that's why it's not easy to find information.
PaulO

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:27 am

I have not checked dates and such, but the fact it claims to be a small distillery and the neame "Ezra" points to the same company - 21 Brands that created "Ezra Brooks" in the 1960s. This is the same distillery that Julian Van Winkle used to operate from. I suspect it some of the same whiskey bottled in 1966. I would have to see what year they created Ezra Brooks to see if it was bottled before that brand was created or not.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby delaware_phoenix » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Well I couldn't help but google Trojan Distillers, and up comes a thread from here!

http://bourbonenthusiast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2742

Where Mike V. describes the Hoffman Distillery.

There was a Trojan Distillers' Grains produced by M. G. Rankin & Co., Milwaukee, WI around 1911. This ain't them.
Cheryl Lins - Proprietor and distiller, Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY
delaware_phoenix

Unread postby bernwik » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:11 pm

I have a fifth of 12 year old, 100 proof, Very Very Old Fitgerald, "Original Sour Mash Kentucky Bonded Bourbon", barreled in 1953, bottled in 1965.
It is unopened, in a lockable, plush red velvet presentation case with two, gold decorated shot glasses. The outside of the case is covered in what appears to be red leather, or perhaps "leatherette".
The bottle has a label that says it is "A Collector's Item".
My ex and I received it from her Father for an anniversary gift in 1965 or '66.
Any idea what it might be worth?
Bernie
bernwik

Unread postby PaulO » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:40 am

I think a group of the members that are Stitzel-Weller fans are going to come have a brawl in your front yard to see who gets it :lol:
PaulO

Unread postby cbeasley » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:16 pm

I found a bottle that I am interested in on eBay. It is Wild Turkey Tribute Jimmy Russell's 50th Anniversary. It appears to be a small batch numbered bottle sealed and in good shape. My dad loves Wild Turkey and collects bottles and advertising pieces. I am considering getting it for him to save until Christmas since his birthday is already past. I found a review of it on this site already http://www.bourbonenthusiast.com/forum/DBvd.php?id=44&task=displaybottling but I guess since I know nothing of this sort of thing, and obviously I can't ask him I need to know how much I should bid for it. It opens for $75 with no other bids yet. I guess I would be willing to go up to $80 or $90 if someone thinks it would be worth it. I couldn't find much other info doing a Google search, nothing like it comes up except for this review and the Wild Turkey site says it was bottled in 2004. Any and all help is appreciated. I linked the ebay page in case my description is not enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120598118058
cbeasley

Unread postby fricky » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm

As you probably know, Wild Turkey is no longer produced. However, bottles are occasionally found in some locations. The price is probably about $100 - $125. When it was released, I believe that the price was around $85. It is my favorite Wild Turkey bourbon and I would not hesitate to pay the price. Mike's reviews that you referenced are quite accurate.
Doug
fricky

Unread postby cbeasley » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:29 am

Thanks Doug for the reply. I am watching it on eBay to see where it goes. I'll check it again when closer to closing time and see if it is still in my range. I appreciate the feedback, I didn't want to get sucked into going over what is is worth
cbeasley

Unread postby fricky » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:02 am

I incorrectly stated that Wild Turkey is no longer being produced. I meant to state that Wild Turkey Tribute is no longer being produced.
Doug
fricky

Unread postby p_elliott » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:07 am

If you can't get the Tribute there is the current release collectible 14 yo Tradition that you should be able to get from larger liquor stores. Comes in a beautiful presentation box. I don't know where you live but if you live in a state that allows shipping you could get this shipped to you from Binny's in Chicago. I have had it and it's very good, I also have a bottle that I'm saving.

Paul
If you don't stand behind our troops then feel free to stand in front of them.
p_elliott

Unread postby pinghitter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:00 am

I have a sealed pint bottle of "Golden Wedding" rye produced by the Jos. Finch Company in 1917. Anyone have an
idea of it's worth?
pinghitter

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:27 am

It's ONLY worth what someone is willing to pay for it!
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby NeoTexan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:17 am

pinghitter wrote:I have a sealed pint bottle of "Golden Wedding" rye produced by the Jos. Finch Company in 1917. Anyone have an
idea of it's worth?

My answer to this question has always been .... post it on E-bay with a $5000 reserve. It will never meet that reserve and you will have an idea of what the market will bear.
NeoTexan

Unread postby delaware_phoenix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:12 pm

As a certain bourbon saint would say...

JUST DRINK IT! IT'S WHISKEY!
Cheryl Lins - Proprietor and distiller, Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY
delaware_phoenix

Unread postby KarinA » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:14 pm

I would like to know an aproximate value of a full un-opened bottle of William Penn American Rye Whiskey? It is sealed with the tax stamp dated 1927 in Ottowa Canada. It is also in its original cardboard box. It is in VERY good condition for its age. Also, what is the best way to sell something like this?

Thank you.
KarinA

PreviousNext

Return to Collector's Corner