Ask How Much Your Bottle is Worth Here

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Re: Ask How Much Your Bottle is Worth Here

Unread postby bspeed3 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Joe,
Thanks for the quick reply and information. I'll let you know if I want to let it go.

Bob
bspeed3

Unread postby Lee05carrie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:48 am

Hello
I am trying to find out how much if anything the following bottles of Blantons Single Barrell Bourbon is worth.

25/2/1909
Ric 37
Barrel 80/86
Letter on stopper L

6/12/1960
Ric 32
Barrel 208
Letter on stopper N

Both are unopened.

Thank you
Lisa
Lee05carrie

Unread postby dryeager » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Can you post images of the Blanton's bottles?
dryeager

Unread postby Lee05carrie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 pm

I am not sure how to upload photos to this forum.

The bottles are a hexagonal round shape with light olive green labels around it. The stoppers each have a different horse and jockey on the lid.
Lee05carrie

Unread postby Lee05carrie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:17 pm

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=blant ... x=61&ty=66

'
The bottles look like those on google.
Lee05carrie

Unread postby HeathB » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:57 am

What do you think this one is worth? Tom Moore Kentucky Straight Burbon Whiskey, distilled and bottled by Barton Distilling in Bardstown Kentucky, there is a date of spring 1961 fall 1965 on label under cap. Unopened.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (216.8 KiB) Viewed 38496 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (182.89 KiB) Viewed 38496 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (192.39 KiB) Viewed 38496 times
HeathB

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:51 am

That's an old bottle of some decent 4 y/o whiskey. If you could still sell on e-bay, that bottle might bring as much as 70 or 75 dollars.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby WsmataU » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:30 am

Since E-bay will no longer sell any Alcohol, have the prices dropped due to the lack of an exchange medium?
WsmataU

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:27 pm

WsmataU wrote:Since E-bay will no longer sell any Alcohol, have the prices dropped due to the lack of an exchange medium?

Yes, quite considerably. Hard to buy and sell old stuff anymore.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby katsnme » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 am

Inbox.jpg
And the last photo my husband shot to show you the scale of the bottle.
Inbox.jpg (116.88 KiB) Viewed 38382 times
Inbox-5.jpg
There you have the whole bottle with the whiskey inside.
Inbox-5.jpg (125.86 KiB) Viewed 38382 times
Inbox-4.jpg
You can see the bottom label for the liquor company that was distributing it. I tried to see if it still existed, but could find no information on it.
Inbox-4.jpg (143.61 KiB) Viewed 38382 times
Inbox-3.jpg
Another view of the label. Sadly my grandmother and my mother placed scotch tape on the label when the glue was no longer working.
Inbox-3.jpg (107.96 KiB) Viewed 38382 times
Inbox-2.jpg
The cork is still in it and undisturbed. I imagine that way or a metal cap went over it.
Inbox-2.jpg (77.22 KiB) Viewed 38382 times
Inbox-1.jpg
This to show you how the edges are beveled on the bottle.
Inbox-1.jpg (117.51 KiB) Viewed 38382 times
http://www.bourbonenthusiast.com/forum/posting.php?mode=smilies&f=23&start=100# Hello! I'm new to this site. I'm searching for information and interest re: the bottle of 'Pure Old Rye Whiskey, Monogram 1860, from M. E. Bellows & Son, Agent & Importer of Wines & Spirits, Co., 77 Broad Street, New York.

This bottle has been in my family all of my life and was in my grandmother's home prior to that. My mother always kept it in the liquor cabinet, but it has never been opened. I have posted many photos so you can see what it is. I can supply you with any other information - just ask what you need.

I know none of you are professional appraisers. I am trying to find more information from people like yourselves who are enthusiasts. Possibly one or more of you have seen this bottle before. I believe that is was either purchased in New York City where many members of my family lived or possibly purchased by my great-great grandfather who fought in the Civil War - if the bottle is, in fact, from the mid 1800's.

Thank you for your time and your help.

>^..^<
katsnme

Unread postby Katakana » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:09 pm

I have a half pint Hiram walkers deluxe bourban 86 proof. The back says
This special gold bottle of 8 ur old walkers deluxe bourbon was filled on
January 23 1973. It's presented with pride to the Hiram walker team whose efforts made possible
This historic milestone. It's not been opened and is in excellent condition!
Katakana

Unread postby zoejack3 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:35 pm

I have an unopened bottle of Old JH Cutter blended A No. 1 Bourban dated June 30, 1906 No 3657....any idea of how much it's worth?
Thanks
zoejack3

Unread postby bshcf » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi...i have a porcelain i.w. harper bottle that was donated to my non-profit and i would like a little more information on it. it is the gentleman in top hat with cane...stamped 1968 on the bottom. the paper seal on it is not cracked, however the bottle is not full...i'm assuming there was some evaporation around the cork. just wondering if it is worth anything and if the bourbon is drinkable...from what i've read, it may be as long as it's not cloudy. i've been reading a lot of bourbon boards and am frankly more confused about this bourbon than anything! any information on it would be helpful--my donor is convinced it is worth quite a bit, but i'm not so sure. thanks for any and all help!Image

bshcf

Unread postby NH Guy » Sun May 26, 2013 4:52 pm

I inherited my Father-in-Law Louis' liquor cabinet, and in it was a bottle I'd been aware of for a long time. Louis was friends with a member of the Samuels family (a close relative of the founders of Maker's Mark), and this was a gift from him.

There is no front label (just a gold wax medallion with the maker's mark). The back label has a blank for the barrel #: 50686 (written by hand). It is signed by the founder of Maker's Mark, Bill Samuels. The gold wax is in excellent condition. Surprisingly (at least to me), it's 86 proof (also written by hand on the label). The tax stamp number is 488248825 (don't know if it can be dated).

I'm interested in finding out how much it's worth. It may be worth drinking it with the few remaining people who remember him, and reminisce about Louis W. Kiesewetter, the Moosejaw Mauler. (He was the heavyweight boxing champion of Canada when he was 19, over 80 years ago.)
---------------------
I guess the photo files are too big, because it refuses to upload them. I'm not going to mess around downsizing them - if you want to view the photos, go to FLICKR.COM and look under username roger.nixon
NH Guy

Unread postby dye1013 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:52 am

I have sealed, unopened Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottles from 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. I realize these are probably worth more to Derby collectors than bourbon collectors, but I still wanted to check here. Thoughts? suggestions? :D Pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/VQ7IV

Thanks!
dye1013

PreviousNext

Return to Collector's Corner