possible 44 year old bottle?

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

possible 44 year old bottle?

Unread postby olderisbetter » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:20 pm

I have a bottle of Wild Turkey which has a brown label and no bar code or date. It has the tax seal fully intact which reads "series 112" and has a number stamped on it(666524227). It is a 4/5th quart of 86.8 proof (7) years old. I am interested in learning what I can about the date of this bottle and any history or quality. I have a picture but, I don't know how to add it. If you want to see it, just help me figure out how to post it. I would appreciate any information anyone can share!
olderisbetter

Re: possible 44 year old bottle?

Unread postby Dump Bucket » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:10 pm

olderisbetter wrote:I have a bottle of Wild Turkey which has a brown label and no bar code or date. It has the tax seal fully intact which reads "series 112" and has a number stamped on it(666524227). It is a 4/5th quart of 86.8 proof (7) years old. I am interested in learning what I can about the date of this bottle and any history or quality. I have a picture but, I don't know how to add it. If you want to see it, just help me figure out how to post it. I would appreciate any information anyone can share!

What ypou have is some of WTs 86.8 from the late 70s, early 80s. Great bourbon. They sold for about $10-15 for a 4/5th (~750ml).

I love drinking that juice. Very approachable and has a depth you do not find in teh current version of WT.

As far as current value... not much more than when it was sold. It can be found here and there. Not something you can put away and pay for your kids college later... street vlaue $15-30...

Open that puppy up and drink it.. or send it to me and I will open it and drinking it.. I will even supply my professional notes back to you one consumed :geek:

Welcome to the site and let us know what you think...
"What I do I do because I like to do." Alex DeLarge ACWO
Dump Bucket
Bourbon Head
Bourbon Head

Return to Collector's Corner